Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 T.S air filter help!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 19-07-11 Thread Starter

County: Lisboa
Well Happy Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 T.S air filter help!!

Hello mates, my name is André and i'm from Lisbon, Portugal. I'm new in this forum but before, i have been reading some threads, particulary about air intake systems and notest that you have a lot of knowledge in this issue.
So here is the question: I've recently bought an Alfa Romeo 147 1.6 T.S 120cv and i want to do something about the air system. I've been reading a lot of stuff (other forums, reviews) that most of the times puts more doubts because most of them are not conclusive. So, in your opinion, what air filter should i put in the car? I want what everybody want which is increased throttle and power increase, but i don't want to spend a lot of money... What do you think it's best? an induction kit? or a panel filter? The products that kept my atention were: Pipercross or Autodelta panel filters, Pipercross induction kit, Autodelta panel filter with a sport intake and the K&N apollo which i think is universal...
Can you help me with this?

Thank you very much,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: -

Member car:

Thumbs Up

Hello mate.
Im surprised no one has got back to u.in answer to ur question I would say a k&n panel filter. But ur new real power from just that. The reason I say panel is because if u put a cone ur just going to suck in hot air witch will cost u power. Coz cold air is thinker than warm.hope this helps
AO Member

I've recently fitted a K&N panel filter to our 147 2.0.I makes little difference below 3500 revs but above that it starts to make a much throatier sound.It gulps air heading towards 7000,giving a much more responsive top end compared with the paper element.I have them on my Sud and 159,too.Same result.
adz
AO Member

County: East Riding of Yorkshire

Member car:

I'm after some advice on the same topic too, i'd like a bit more of a sportier induction noise but i'd like to avoid cone filters due to heat soak issues, would a panel filter and removal of the resonator be the best bet? what about improving the intake i've heard conflicting views regarding whether the GTA/v6 intake will fit a 147? and finally has anyone ever tried drilling the standard airbox i know it sounds abit dodgy but i've tried it in the past with some fairly good results.

County: -

Member car:

Chilling

Hello mate

U know its always nice to have a nice sound to ur car but there is no point. Losing performance ive it the are induction kits u can buy which u can put the intake into the side of the bumper. But ur best bet is a k&n panel and a nice exhaust. Thats what im doing. Ant in regards of ur question on the gta I have heard this before and I heard the cam shaft fits as well but ive only heard never seen it. Hope this helps

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
147 , air , alfa , filter , romeo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page