Upgrading a 2.0 JTS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 05-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV, RCZ, KTM

Upgrading a 2.0 JTS

Got a 2005 2.0 JTS veloce, performance and handling are ok but feels like there could be so much more. Would like to do some light improvements without compromising the day to day useability of the car. Don't want to go for anything stupid like supercharging which I can imagine would lead to nothing more than a headache. Suggestions please.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: East Macedonia and Thrace

Member car:

gt 2.o jts

My friend, you can begin from changing the manifold. There are two pre-cats and two main cats on the oem manifold. Just take an aftermarket one, or one of a 156 2.0ts euro2 and then, you can instal a metallic 200cpsi cat. This will improve the throtle response and the overall performance. Next step, a bmc cda intake with a 30cm pipe.Nice sound and also improved performance. Last but not least the ecu upgrade so that to take the max output of all the above..
If you want you can also use a straight pipe without silencers and also the rear silencer from the 3.2 engine. In this case, you will also have to live with more noise..
All the above, on my gt jts..YouTube - ‪Alfa Romeo Spider 1750 TBi - GT 2.0 JTS‬‏
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 06-06-11 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

GTV, RCZ, KTM

Thanks for the response. When replacing the manifold do you still have the lambda sensors or do you reprogramme the ECU to compensate?

I was thinking about some light engine tuning, a set of koni sports suspension, exhaust and a GTA brake upgrade.
AO Silver Member

Yep a free flowing exhaust from the cats back, along with a remap will give you quick throttle response, more torque and power. Exhaust will get louder so worth taking it somewhere that's been recommended to you...

Plus only modifying from the cat back means no changes to Lambda sensors, wiring etc.

Any decent tuner should be able to custom map the car for you - preferrably after all of your planned changes have been done.
AO Member

County: East Macedonia and Thrace

Member car:

gt 2.o jts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Caine View Post
Thanks for the response. When replacing the manifold do you still have the lambda sensors or do you reprogramme the ECU to compensate?

I was thinking about some light engine tuning, a set of koni sports suspension, exhaust and a GTA brake upgrade.

You have to keep the lamda sensors. At the same place at which they were on the oem manifold, so that to avoid the motor control system failure light.. Acting like that, with the only one metallic 200cpsi cat, i never had problems with mcsf. Of course, if you prefer a cat back system, you will never have to do anything to the sensors. But you will also feel less improvement..

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
jts , upgrading

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page