Remap 140 bhp - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 12-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Nottinghamshire
Remap 140 bhp

156 2.4 jtd 140 and 150 bhp are the same engines, but different maps. If i just dump 150 ori on, i should have a bit faster car
Or i compare 140 ori and 150 ori and do a bit of research and push my bella a bit further
And yes I'm tight and wont pay money for it. But it's dead easy with winols, find your map, up the numbers a bit and reflash.
Or buy a chip from ebay, read it and then return

PS. Probably i need to sort MAF and thermostat out first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Moravskoslezský
Garage
Nope, CF3 one uses different camshaft at least.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1004
County: Noord Brabant
Quote:
Originally Posted by yan.ko View Post
Nope, CF3 one uses different camshaft at least.
Both 140 hp and 150 hp are CF3/Euro 3.
136 hp is CF2.

Difference of 140/150 hp is not only map but also turbo.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS JTD View Post
Difference of 140/150 hp is not only map but also turbo.
How do they differ? We fitted a turbo from a 2.4 150 to our 2.4 140 courtesy car, they looked identical next to each other. 136 turbo is visibly different.
Club Member
Membro Medio

Club Member Number: 1004
County: Noord Brabant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
How do they differ? We fitted a turbo from a 2.4 150 to our 2.4 140 courtesy car, they looked identical next to each other. 136 turbo is visibly different.
The turbo charts I looked in have different results, in some the same nr is apllied for the 140/150 hp turbo and in others I see the 150 hp turbo has the same nr as the 2.4 20v turbo.
So I'm not sure about it, maybe there are different ones used for the 150 hp.
AO Member

County: Dublin

Member car:

many

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangerlv View Post
156 2.4 jtd 140 and 150 bhp are the same engines, but different maps. If i just dump 150 ori on, i should have a bit faster car
Or i compare 140 ori and 150 ori and do a bit of research and push my bella a bit further
And yes I'm tight and wont pay money for it. But it's dead easy with winols, find your map, up the numbers a bit and reflash.
Or buy a chip from ebay, read it and then return

PS. Probably i need to sort MAF and thermostat out first.
So your being a total pikey ???? Please post up your winols licence details as I doubt you have a legal copy
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 25-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartech View Post
Please post up your winols licence details as I doubt you have a legal copy
Are you affraid that i will start car tuning business? I have noticed, than any one on this forum that has anything to do with remaping is against any diy. But if you look further east, i mean russia, belarus, poland, ukraine etc, lads are doing and have been doing with success for ages. Have a read on google.ru And because they piracy laws are far away from ours, they have all the software they need.

PS. WinOLs has got test version And i can probably take apart ecu and flash eeprom on bench anyway. Or get another ecu, disable immobilizer and use as a test ecu
AO Silver Member

County: Merseyside

Member car:

various Alfas

I don't think he is afraid of aqnything like you say,but let me explain to you why all pro tuners are against copy tuners.
A tuning tool or software manufacturer spends thousands of pounds or euros researching ,developing and producing a tool or software for a new car or ecu type and then sells it to a tuner to do the job.
Then comes along the thief that tries to disassemble the above and make clones to sell on ebay for 20.00.
How do you think the tool makers are going to stay in business to produce more new tools if they can't sell the ones they already made because they have been cloned!!!!!
Cloned tools never work properly,they kill more ecu,s than you can imagine,also pro tuners have legal tools to buy at high costs and a business to maintain to give the customer a proper service,hense higher overheads and higher costs,clone users, roadside pikeys and stolen software users have no overheads hence the 99p remapping charges(no backup or support though,either)
As for your winols,if its a legal demo version then it cant save any of the changes you make,therefore it cant be realy used to alter anything.If onthe other hand it does save changes then it is a clone and ILLEGAl.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 25-05-11 Thread Starter
AO Member

I agree with you. But he nearly called me a thief. Winols is a great software, easy to find maps. You can probably use another software to make changes. Even hex editor will do.
I know hard to make living now. Hence the price. I am a bedroom tuner ( well not, just trying to learn something new), but to find out how it works you have to disassemble it. To be honest with you - i wont ever buy a remap( my car has gone trough two cluches in less than a year and dont want to change it again), i will figure it out myself or with help of a google.
I just wanted to find out if you can dump 150 in 140 ecu,without maing any changes.
AO Member

County: -
You can only use values from 150hp file in your file... boost, fueling and other relevant maps.
Better NOT flash other hw/sw version file!

Just go for proper tuning

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
140 , bhp , remap

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page