dash to go? or keep it in?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 12-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire
dash to go? or keep it in??

Hi guys,

ive hit a dead point with the track car, i was originally planning to remove the dashboard completly and fit a speedo/rev counter elsewhere. i have been sat looking at it for a while now (spanner in hand) but cant make up my mind

what are the pros/cons to removing the dash?? is there anything i havnt thought of here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

156GTA & 33racer

Got rid of it in my GTA track car. You need to support the steering column of the front bulkhead. A couple of tubes flattened at both ends bolted to the shell did it for me. There is a lot of loom behind the dash, but I am in the process of reducing mine to as few wires as possible.

There are some photos of track cars with the dash in on the forum. If you look in 'Class E race car build' on this part of the forum Chris has some excellent photos there. I think though he has to put his dash back for the Alfa race series, whereas I don't have to....

E.

Edward

E: [email protected]
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 14-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Cambridgeshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by edward View Post
Got rid of it in my GTA track car. You need to support the steering column of the front bulkhead. A couple of tubes flattened at both ends bolted to the shell did it for me. There is a lot of loom behind the dash, but I am in the process of reducing mine to as few wires as possible.

There are some photos of track cars with the dash in on the forum. If you look in 'Class E race car build' on this part of the forum Chris has some excellent photos there. I think though he has to put his dash back for the Alfa race series, whereas I don't have to....

E.
Well i can agree there that i also dont need to keep the dash in and im guessing there will be a massive weight saving from removing it. im wanting to keep this car as simple as possible with as little wire as i can..... the less there is then im assuming there is less to go wrong thus keeping a simple car.

this is the first car i have stripped to this extent and its been a experince to say the least lol never had a dash out before so not sure what problems ill have lurking behind it but i think im pretty sure it will be coming out!!

Sooty - Black 89' Alfa 75 24v V6 Veloce
Mario - Silver 58' 159Ti

75 V6 Restoration/Track Car Project>>>>https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motor...-progress.html
AO Silver Member

County: Somerset

Member car:

156GTA & 33racer

Agreed...

Lots of heaters, wiring, sound deadening, it weighs lotttts!

Get it all out and down the tip. As you say keep it all as simple as possible...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
dash

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page