Shock Therapy - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 07-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Shock Therapy

Ever walked up to your car and notice a scratch where there wasn't one the night before? Ever noticed that someone has set a key to paintwork?
Well its a huge problem where I live.
I know Arabs love their cars. They treat them like gold and make sure that the paintwork always shines. However the local youngsters in my area seem to like setting a key to any car that looks better than what their parents drive. At times they have the nerve to let the air out of tires too.
The major problem is that although we know who does it, we have no witnesses and they get away with their crimes... Do the parents know? Do the police know? They do, but their argument is that we have insurance and it should be covered so why should we make a big deal out of it... just get the vehicle resprayed.

Ever gotten a shock out of an electrical appliance at home? I wish there was something like that for cars... once the car is locked, the whole car body is electrified and is turned off when the car is unlocked. Thus if at any point any these characters try to use a key to the paintwork..... BAM.... shock therpy......

What do you think? Will it work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Aquitaine
You have been watching too much Robocop mate , its totally illegal in the UK sadly.

Add to that , any punk teenager that is low enough morally to key a car will do a lot worse (smash lights windows etc) after receiving anything short of a lethal shock

If you have no witnesses to such crimes then buy and fit a couple of wireless spy cameras inside the car rigged to a recorder in the house.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 07-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimboZero View Post
You have been watching too much Robocop mate , its totally illegal in the UK sadly.

Add to that , any punk teenager that is low enough morally to key a car will do a lot worse (smash lights windows etc) after receiving anything short of a lethal shock

If you have no witnesses to such crimes then buy and fit a couple of wireless spy cameras inside the car rigged to a recorder in the house.
Robocop?
I almost forgot that they did something like that....

Well, thrust me, these characters aren't the real sort of punks you'd get in UK or US... They talk the talk and do stuff, just as long as they know no one will stand up to them and they can get away with it.

I'll try your idea.......
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
or do what my dad did 25 years ago... sleep a night in the car, with a crowbar in reach...

he caught the punks that broke the antenna and wipers of his car, btw...
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 07-06-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore_Sportivo_155 View Post
or do what my dad did 25 years ago... sleep a night in the car, with a crowbar in reach...

he caught the punks that broke the antenna and wipers of his car, btw...
That sounds like the most cost-effective solution to date.
However I'm a very heavy sleeper. A wooden cupboard once fell on me and I didn't wake up.....
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
then take some coffee with you
AO Member

County: Aquitaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightjp View Post
That sounds like the most cost-effective solution to date.
However I'm a very heavy sleeper. A wooden cupboard once fell on me and I didn't wake up.....
Leave the cupboard in the house , it might make a good hiding place (under it in the car) but will be differcult to get into an Alfa

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
shock , therapy

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page