1.9JTD remap - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 15-04-09 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
1.9JTD remap

Sorry I know this is one of those questions regulars must get sick of reading, maybe there could be a library of most asked questions (if there is already, just point me in the right direction please)

Going to spend a week or so with my new (12 months old ) 159 JTD SW, then I will get a remap done. Question is, as far as I understand, you can get a box that plugs in and interrupts the current system (is that correct?) or, you get the original ECU remapped, what exactly does this do, and who supplies what? Monza Sport is my nearest dealer, and they can do it, anyone got experience of a remap at MS?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

happy man

Re: 1.9JTD remap

The power box is a just a bank of resistors the fool the injectors there are some very sophisticated models but that's the basic principle.

You can also have a generic map put on the ECU again some are good and some are downright dreadfull.

I personally have had a full custom map done by Alfatune an ID Confirmed Trader on AO and I am very happy with the Results.

Custom mapping is not the cheapest option but IMHO it's by far the best route to take.

I'm sure some one on here will be able to point you in the direction of the nearest Indie that will do you a custom map

Good luck I'm sure you won't be dissapointed

AO Platinum Member

County: Surrey

AHM in Hampshire will do you a custom remap ... www.ahmotorsports.co.uk ... maybe a bit of a trek (but alot closer than Alfatune) but worth it IMHO ...
AO Member

County: Essex

Try googling "red dot racing".
They are now based in Enfield, N.London & several owners here speak highly of them.
Matt.

Agree with 156 Chris, go to Aide at AHM, worth the journey there, and just think, what a great drive home after the remap!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
19jtd , remap

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page