1600cc engine production differences - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 02-04-09 Thread Starter

1600cc engine production differences

I am mindfull that the block for the two litre twin spark is essentially the same from around 97 -01.Ive put numerous 146 engines in later 156s and spiders, but how do i stand with the 1600cc engine? Engines do have subtle changes even if they look the same is the later 146 1.6 or even 2.0 engine compatible with an engine in the 147 what changes would need to be made apart from manifold swaps etc.A bit of advice would be welcome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unregistered

County: Wiltshire
Re: 1600cc engine production differences

The engines are toatally interchangable, obviously the 1.8/1.6 block differs from the 2.0, but the heads are the same(cams differ between 1.4/1.6 and 1.8/2.0), though a TS and JTS head will not swap the blocks will. Also some of the sensors and pulleys vary through the years too.
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 06-04-09 Thread Starter

Re: 1600cc engine production differences

Thanks for your advice, i know a fair amount but i only know so much.I got a great 2.0 twin spark engine last week on ebay bought a nice 155 and won it at £128.01!! By the time i scrap the car with alloys, the engine will owe me about £40.Couple of years ago iturned down a non running gtv with good seats and body at £150 and it was owned by a semi famous radio 2 dj hindsights a wonderfull thing!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
1600cc , differences , engine , production

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page