Tips on how to get extra bhp from 2.0l 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 26-02-09 Thread Starter

Tips on how to get extra bhp from 2.0l 147

I'm looking for help on how to increase bhp on my 147. How can you tune it or can you increase the bhp by enough to make a difference??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

Re: Tips on how to get extra bhp from 2.0l 147

Easiest way is to chip it.. that is, reprogram the ECU so that the fuel and ignition are optimised.

You can go further and have it optimised for higher octane fuel rather than regular 95 octane unleaded... but then you have to run the beast on the more expensive 97 octane (Shell Optimax etc.).

Chips/maps can be bought from chip tuners.. they upload the map, you pays yer money and off you go.

More extensive tuning.. the sky is really the limit (how much money do you have)? but it may be worthwhile adding a high-flow air filter (cone or mesh) and a performance exhaust (maybe removing the catalyst too). These are relatively cheap and reversible mods..

If you want more.... you're in the realms of changing the engine internals... camshaft, bigger injectors, bigger valves, increasing compression etc. or sticking a turbo/super-charger on it.

Autodelta did a supercharger (turbo?) for a 166 t/s so probably have the technology, if you have a bank balance. Expect very little change from 3000 if you want 200bhp.

Ralf S.

No bullets for Chaingun..
AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Be cheaper to sell it and get a JTD 16V-with a reamp and a new airfilter you ll see 190-200 brake and 45-50 mpg as well! Remap cost 200 quid approx, airfilter 50-200 quid, way way cheaper...
AO Member

County: West Sussex

depends where you are. i'd recommend the monza alfa dealer in ashington. its all guarunteed then and is only 275
AO Silver Member

County: -

Member car:

Keep an eye out for the next Red Dot rolling road day.

Last few times, price was down to 180 with a before and after run with charts to show difference.

That's if you are close to North London that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilly-09- View Post
I'm looking for help on how to increase bhp on my 147. How can you tune it or can you increase the bhp by enough to make a difference??

depends what sort of difference you are looking for, something as simple as a decent remap should give you a bit more of a responsive drive but if you are looking to improve the top-end then the general rule of thumb is 30% bhp increase = 10% top speed increase....therefore serious engine mods such as a turbo are required.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
147 , 20l , bhp , extra , tips

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page