Navigation system/LCD for the 147 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 13 Old 22-02-09 Thread Starter

Navigation system/LCD for the 147

Hello guys,
i saw some 147s with a built in /original alfa navigation systems. do u know where can i find this one? how much does it cost?
Thx alot guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 857
County: Zuid Holland
Garage
Re: Navigation system/LCD for the 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher View Post
Hello guys,
i saw some 147s with a built in /original alfa navigation systems. do u know where can i find this one? how much does it cost?
Thx alot guys
From the Alfa dealer, for a lot of money (currently around 2500 Euro's I think )
Otherwise they're regularly on sale on ebay etc. for around 400 euro's or so. it's called the connect+ system (combined CD-based navigation, radio and dualband GSM )

Technology wise, you're better of with an aftermarket system, as the original alfa system (from Magneti marelli ) is quite outdated, and overpriced. Just fits nicely in the interior
mudhut

Moderator Operation Alfa has a couple of new ones for sale, at the knockdown price of 300. Here.

He doesn't say, but I dont think this includes a Navigation CD (about 100 I think) and there may be a system softeare disc (don't know and have never seen one either). I also think it may not be plug-and-play - a dealer might have to get the thing to be recognised by the car. I'll bet jwq knows the answers to all these bits - he regularly answers this type of question.

I can comfirm that it looks pretty. Mine won't accept any old sim card: O2 seems ok but others have had probs with Orange I think. There are other threads on this. Mine also thinks the car is off-road most of the time (sometimes a few hundred metres out of position) and so much of the info is duff. Recently it has stopped sending texts but receives OK! Entering destinations is a complete pain as post codes are not supported and entering texts even worse. The phone book is poor too. My voice recognition is really poor but YMMV.

The nav CD goes into the dash slot so you'll need the CD changer for the boot unless you have one of those adaptors for a USB memory device. Lastly, there are additional buttons for the steering wheel if you want to fit those as well.

Hope this helps, but TBH, I'd go with whatever jwq advises here.

(Post Link) post #4 of 13 Old 22-02-09 Thread Starter

Thx alot for the reply. i tried to search at ebay but found 0 results..any other ideas?
(Post Link) post #5 of 13 Old 22-02-09 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhut View Post

Thx, So where is the famous jwq ??
(Post Link) post #6 of 13 Old 22-02-09 Thread Starter

So as i understand, urs is not that good! is it the same one ur telling me about?? or is it something different?i'm a little bit confused here
AO Platinum Member

County: Essex

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudhut View Post
Moderator Operation Alfa has a couple of new ones for sale, at the knockdown price of 300. Here.

He doesn't say, but I dont think this includes a Navigation CD (about 100 I think) and there may be a system softeare disc (don't know and have never seen one either). I also think it may not be plug-and-play - a dealer might have to get the thing to be recognised by the car. I'll bet jwq knows the answers to all these bits - he regularly answers this type of question.

I can comfirm that it looks pretty. Mine won't accept any old sim card: O2 seems ok but others have had probs with Orange I think. There are other threads on this. Mine also thinks the car is off-road most of the time (sometimes a few hundred metres out of position) and so much of the info is duff. Recently it has stopped sending texts but receives OK! Entering destinations is a complete pain as post codes are not supported and entering texts even worse. The phone book is poor too. My voice recognition is really poor but YMMV.

The nav CD goes into the dash slot so you'll need the CD changer for the boot unless you have one of those adaptors for a USB memory device. Lastly, there are additional buttons for the steering wheel if you want to fit those as well.

My units are brand new and have not been assigned to any particular vehicle. So they will just work when you plug them in.

I have setup cds.

Joe
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Here I am
Basically, you can install the connect+ in a car that did not have it from factory. However, you will need to do some work.... There's a bar dividing the 2 din compartments in your dashboard that you will need to cut to allow the 2-din unit to fit.
Second, you need to make sure you also get the metal mounting cage with the connect+

It also requires a GPS antenna, GSM antenna and radio antenna (combined in the cars that have satnav from factory, but you can also use separate antenna's, which makes it easier to install).
Microphone is installed in the ceiling light in standard form, so you will also need to replace that. However, there again, you can use a standard aftermarket mike...

Your bodycomputer will not recognise the connect+, (and this cannot be changed! ), however, the unit will function correctly. The only sign it is not recognised is a blinking odometer.
If this irritates you, there is also a fix for that...
(Post Link) post #9 of 13 Old 22-02-09 Thread Starter

Idea Re: Navigation system/LCD for the 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwq View Post

It also requires a GPS antenna, GSM antenna and radio antenna (combined in the cars that have satnav from factory, but you can also use separate antenna's, which makes it easier to install).

Thx Man for the helping info. do u think i will be able to install everything by myself .in a country like uae it would be impossible to communicate with people especcially to install something new for them!!
another question, Will i end up with 3 antennas out of my car!??
jwq
Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher View Post
Thx Man for the helping info. do u think i will be able to install everything by myself .in a country like uae it would be impossible to communicate with people especcially to install something new for them!!
another question, Will i end up with 3 antennas out of my car!??
Should be fairly straightforward, all electrical connectors are already there and plug & play, except for the addition of extra antenna's.
You can buy the special alfa roof antenna. However, you will then need to pull cables betwen the rooflining etc.
Easier is to just add an aftermarket GPS antenna, which you can just mount invisibly on top of the metal cage, below the dash (they attach magnetically), and use a stick-on window antenna for the GSM, which you can just stick almost invisibly on the inside of your front windscreen...
All very do-able....
(Post Link) post #11 of 13 Old 22-02-09 Thread Starter

i appreciate it man.

County: Kanton Sarajevo

Member car:

Alfa GT

I recently bought a Alfa GT so thats why I'm bringing back this topic.
The car is 2006 1.9 JTDm with standard factory mp3 player.

I really like the looks of the ConnectNav and how it fits the interior. I don't care about outdated navigation etc. because I don't need it (got a backup navigation device).

So, I found a really cheap navigation from Alfa 147 (about 100 euro) and want to buy it and connect to my GT. Is that posible? I have steering wheel controls (3 buttons) with that work with the Connect Nav? Is the instalation only plug&play?
Also, this unit I found does not have a code card Can I somehow buypass that?
Will the display blink when connected and can that be fixed with the diagnostics (proxy alignment)?

Thank you for your help
Greetings from Bosnia

County: New York

Member car:

ALFA ROMEO

Guys I have just bought Alfa Romeo 4C.the navigation system of my car was doesn't working properly thats why i bought a new one but i don't know how to connect it properly ! Any suggestion for me?

http://autocardvdgps.com/147-navi-dv...eo-system.html

Last edited by veeno60; 19-09-13 at 04:07.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
147 , navigation , system or lcd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page