Re: ready to make decisions.....help needed
Yes, it is going to be both expensive and involve a lot of work.
I have a friend who owns an Alfa 156 JTS, after a lot of problems and a lot of money spent, he got the car pretty much as he wanted it. I will not quote any figures as they are quite hard to measure, really, but the list of modifications is :
- battery to the boot
- BMC CDA where the battery was(I do not think it matters much)
- Supersprint manifold, with heat shield(the textile sort, the name escapes me at this time)
- custom straight through center
- Ragazzon backbox
- C&B stradale medio cams
- increased CR(not by using other pistons or conrods, by working the .... lapsus due to sleep depravation, damn it)
- Dastek Unichip + remap (not the best remap, if you ask me, but ...)
The ca is very loud, at least for me, especially when cold at idle, quite some droning inside, but it's pretty fast.
Although I would have sold the car in stock form and would have bought a GTA.