3.0 V6 on MS.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 13-01-09 Thread Starter

3.0 V6 on MS..

Anyone come across any?? I'm looking to do this..
Would I be able to use 60-2 trigger wheel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
Re: 3.0 V6 on MS..

By MS you mean Mega Squirt stand-alone ECU right?
(Post Link) post #3 of 9 Old 13-01-09 Thread Starter

Correct!
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

No idea, I thought MegaSquirt was mainly for controlling aftermarket forced induction conversions?

If it wasn't too difficult to set-up it would be a great solution. With adjustable mapping, say an in-dash controller, measuring air fuel ratio, exhaust gas temps, and with the ability to adjust the air fuel ratio, you could lean the car off when cruising to improve fuel economy, while always making sure the temps don't get too high.. I've heard of someone doing this on an 8V TS and always thought it would be a great idea.
AO Member

County: Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post
No idea, I thought MegaSquirt was mainly for controlling aftermarket forced induction conversions?

If it wasn't too difficult to set-up it would be a great solution. With adjustable mapping, say an in-dash controller, measuring air fuel ratio, exhaust gas temps, and with the ability to adjust the air fuel ratio, you could lean the car off when cruising to improve fuel economy, while always making sure the temps don't get too high.. I've heard of someone doing this on an 8V TS and always thought it would be a great idea.
Megasquirt can run whatever you need it to. I am currently seeting up up to run the injection and ignition on my 4pot twin cam, where I'm going for throttle bodies and distributorless ignition (EDIS). My friend also uses it to run a 12v V6 with a supercharger. Lots of choices to make - you can buy it in kit form (sourced from the states and lots of fun to build if you are so inclined) - DIYAutoTune.com Megasquirt Kits / Assembled Engine Management Systems, Wideband o2 Sensor Systems and tuning products or you can buy a complete setup ready built. ExtraEFI.co.uk HOME

Be aware though, it really is a DIY system and you will need to do a lot of reading up. There are a lot of friendly folks out there to help you out if you get stuck and you can get base maps to at least get running. Depending on where you are, I would recommend Northampton Motorsport to rolling road it once you've done it.

If you're a hands on DIY guy then I would recommend it, otherwise look for something like the Emerald system which is far more plug and play(and more expensive).

Hope this helps - feel free to ask any other questions - you reading starts here - MegaSquirt - Electronic Fuel Injection Computer by Bowling & Grippo * * 2005

Cheers

Darren

There's a fine line between a hobby & a mental illness!!
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmjks View Post
Anyone come across any?? I'm looking to do this..
Would I be able to use 60-2 trigger wheel?
- easy answer - yes you should be able, but this is probably not the place to start from in your thinking.

MegaSquirt-II Missing Tooth Trigger Wheel Decoder

Cheers

Darren
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pud237 View Post

Something like this? MegaView-II UnAssembled Kit DIYAutoTune.com

If the car is properly mapped, then you shouldn't need to adjust the mixture for cruising, but I do like the idea of a realtime display. A toy for another day for me!

I will be keeping my megasquirt to put onto a 12v V6 when it finally comes to fruition.

Cheers

Darren
(Post Link) post #8 of 9 Old 15-01-09 Thread Starter

Thanks! another question..How many wires are on 75 Idle control valve? and where to get 3.0 V6 wiring diagram?
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtrmjks View Post
Thanks! another question..How many wires are on 75 Idle control valve? and where to get 3.0 V6 wiring diagram?
Hi again - sorry mate can't help you there - I wouldn't mind a wiring diagram meself so I'll keep an eye out on this topic!

Cheers

Darren

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page