Suspension and MOT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 06-01-09 Thread Starter
DMN
AO Member

County: Kagera
Suspension and MOT

Firstly my Car past its MOT today, I was convinced it would fail due to the noise coming from the suspension. However it past with flying colours. The guy who did it said that there was some play in the wish-bones, but not enough for even an advisory it seems.

I've been looking to give the suspension a re-ferb anyway, given the car is 8 years old (85,000 miles) and I want to get a good lot more years out of it. I'm going to do the front first in two waves and then the back. On the front I'm planning on doing the upper wish-bones and bolts first and then the drop-links and fitting powerflex bushes onto the anti-roll bar.

Now should I change the front anti-roll bar while I'm at it? I imagine its quite worn after 8 years and a new one would be tighter. At the same time would leaving it in and up-grading the rear one to an all new one help decrease under-steer by leaving the front fairly loose while tightening up the rear?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
mot , suspension

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page