Tuning - GT 2.0 JTS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 11 Old 02-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Tuning - GT 2.0 JTS

Most ECU upgrades are for JTDs & also the TS engines, has anyone had an upgrade on the 2.0 JTS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Re: Tuning - GT 2.0 JTS

Yes, do it.
CPH
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 16v

The biggest downfall of the JTS is the induction. Once this is sorted the re-map will bring it to another dimension.
AO Member

County: Berkshire

I had the remap done on my 156 JTS about 18 months before getting it supercharged.
The remap is a very good mod, you will feel the improvement in drivablity, it is much more responsive.
Contact Autodelta for more details. You wont regret it
AO Silver Member

The JTS 2.0 does apparently have ropey induction piping which goes all round the houses - though the 2.2 is very different and has very short, direct piping which I have been advised to leave well alone.

If you get the 2.0's induction sorted before remap you will get a bigger increase - particularly if the remap is tweaked to your specific car - otherwise you can get the mapping and induction done in either order.
CPH
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuri View Post
I had the remap done on my 156 JTS about 18 months before getting it supercharged.
The remap is a very good mod, you will feel the improvement in drivablity, it is much more responsive.
Contact Autodelta for more details. You wont regret it
Still will barely get the factory claimed power with the re-map. Induction revision will maske a big difference when done correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPH View Post
Still will barely get the factory claimed power with the re-map. Induction revision will maske a big difference when done correctly.
This is true, I re-mapped the GT JTS and achieved slightly less than 160bhp but was slightly ahead on the torque figures. The intake is a total mess, I'd sort that before the re-map if you want more power.
(Post Link) post #8 of 11 Old 06-01-09 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Surrey

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

Autodeta have offered a good deal on a sports intake & remap.
CPH
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfajts2 View Post
Autodeta have offered a good deal on a sports intake & remap.
What is a sports intake? Another flash name? You need to replace the entire induction to get anywhere worth the while.
AO Silver Member

The Autodelta thins is a custom stainless steel intake for the 2.0JTS which is supposed to make a big difference as the original intake was a bit sh*te. I know someone on here got that done with the remap and got a big gain.

The 2.2 is very different - very short intake pipe, no point in changing it, so aftermarket people just do sport air filters for it. Wierd how there can be such big differences between the 2 engine sizes but I suppose the 2.0JTS came out around 3 years earlier than the 2.2 so I guess they had time to fiddle with the piping.

Brat Pack no.8
CPH
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 33 16v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderfish View Post
The Autodelta thins is a custom stainless steel intake for the 2.0JTS which is supposed to make a big difference as the original intake was a bit sh*te. I know someone on here got that done with the remap and got a big gain.

The 2.2 is very different - very short intake pipe, no point in changing it, so aftermarket people just do sport air filters for it. Wierd how there can be such big differences between the 2 engine sizes but I suppose the 2.0JTS came out around 3 years earlier than the 2.2 so I guess they had time to fiddle with the piping.
Unfortunately there can be differences as dramatic. I will look at the 2.2 and come back with the results.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
jts , tuning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page