VERY cheap Supersport suspension?? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 11-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 V6

VERY cheap Supersport suspension??

Hi all! Anyone out there heard anything good or bad about Supersport suspension kits? Made in Germany to TUV standards, come with a years warranty (as do most budget kits). I have found these online from £200 fixed or £330 for coilovers!! Slightly cheaper than either streetlines or Interalloy or AP coilovers. All retailers I have asked have said they have been around for quite a few years and are very good - very few returns or problems apparently??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Northamptonshire
Re: VERY cheap Supersport suspension??

We sell them at Alloy Wheels, Car Tuning and Car Styling at great prices

They are Spax's German "sister" company. They have been around for quite a while, just fairly new to these shores. They are cheap but are really no better or worse than any other of the budget brands. The coilovers are very cheap but as a result they aren't adjustable and if you pay more you will get a better product. Depends what you are after really.
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 147

Im running the SuperSport Coilovers on my 147, Adjustable from 35-65mm, I love them, they have really transformed the cars handling!

Iv got mine all the way down and TBH they are slightly crashey over bumps but its to be expected, they are quite Stiff!
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 12-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 V6

Thanks for the info guys - I didnt realise they were associated with Spax (probably a good thing). I think if I go for them it will be the fixed version anyway - if I going down the cheap and cheerful route I might as well go for the absolute cheapest! Plus I dont really want to lower any more that 35mm anyway.

I have been reading a lot of good stuff about the AP Sportfahrwerke coilovers (at £390). Sounds like they are a better build quality and you get a 2 year warranty. Something to do with Weitec I beleive. Lokks like they might be a good option, unfortunately I can only find a coilover setup from them.

2000 156 V6 in black, grey leather interior, carbon fibre console, black leather steering wheel, custom stainless cat-back exhaust, GTA headlight conversion, Alu undertray, 17" GTA Teledials, uprated and lowered shocks and springs, dent-free doors yipee!
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 12-12-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa 156 V6

Duncan - do you have these (nornmal kit not coilovers) in stock for the v6 or would they have to be ordered from manufacturer? If so, how long do you think they would take?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
cheap , supersport , suspension

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page