GTV 2.0 TS induction kit & de-cat? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-11-08 Thread Starter

GTV 2.0 TS induction kit & de-cat?

My GTV is very quite (I'm used to my Cerbera that I have put away for the winter!) but I don't want to 'ned' it up, was thinking an uprated induction setup would help & maybe free the engine up? Also, is there much involved in fitting a de-cat? Are there sensors that get messed up etc?

Cheers in advance
Brett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire

Member car:

'01 GTV 3.0V6

Re: GTV 2.0 TS induction kit & de-cat?

Is it quite or very?

A well-maintained GTV 2.0TS has superb FWD handling even as standard, but going further with it I find the best improvement in handling was with a change of front & rear bushes to Poly material. There is debate on the merits of bothering on the front and whether it increased ride-harshness on the rear but handling undoubtedly improves. Add a set of Koni dampers and 20 or better 30mm dropped Eibach springs and you have a giant-killer in the twisties. My GTV is dropped 30mm and has front coilovers set at -26mm but the heavy nose of the V6 means it will not be as good as the TS could be.

Decat may well improve your hp by 8 or so, but will increase noise. Alfaholics do one and their quality is excellent. It could cause probs with Lambda probes but probably wouldn't. What engine is yours - CF1, CF2 or CF3?
As for induction the K&N 57i kits sound best but give poor performance due to intaking hot air. The CDA from BMC improves performance and sound but I find it swamped by exhaust sound on my V6.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
decat , gtv , induction , kit

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page