My shiny new car - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 13-11-08 Thread Starter

My shiny new car

Hey guys, well I have just joined and have only just bought my first alfa
I have already ordered some tasty new alloys - POTN - If you are looking for an Oz Racing Super Turismo WRC 17x7" Set Of 4 Wheels & Tyres Race White Finish click here OZ Racing
Just wondering if there is anything I can do to get that bit more oomf, I have a 2002 156 JTS by the way. I would like the exhaust note a bit deeper but the last thing I want to do is Chav my beautiful new alfa!
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Re: My shiny new car

What colours you car? Not sure about the white on some colours. It tends to give quite a motor sporty feel to a car which may look abit outa place on certain colours. But thats just imo

I've had white wheels on silver and white before

As for performance improvements, simple exhaust change and filter change may free up a pony or two but best pound for pony return is a remap, but best do that after any filter or exhaust changes.

Hope that helps

ALFA ROMEO 156 TS & ABARTH 500
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09

County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

i thought you were talking about me.

with biggish wheels, you'll want to have the car lowered, to look good. but something like Eibach Pro Kit springs should also improve ride comfort and handling. if you want 'really' low, Eibach also offer the Sportline springs for the 156.

nice car. nice wheels. i think you should enjoy it as it is, in terms of power. you can't turn a JTS into a GTA for sensible money. upgrade the springs and dampers, maybe the antiroll bars and brakes, and simply have a nicely balanced, great handling car.

(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 17-11-08 Thread Starter

hey guys, thanks for the replies, will look into the springs for sure. I know it wont be a GTA but I think its quite grunty all ready. Wouldnt mind getting it a little freer revving low down. The exhaust note could certainly do with deepening up.
I was thinking about doing the GTA air intake mod and possibly doing some work to the exhaust to get a deeper note. Any recommendations there. After Ive down those I would look at a remap as suggested by TSpark_boy oh and its dark blue by the way so im thinking it will look pretty good.
Thanks or the suggestions guys!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
car , shiny

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page