GT remapped - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

 
Thread Tools
Graham P
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
GT remapped

Had my new GT remapped yesterday by Angel Tuning. Not had a chance to really test it yet due to the wet roads but the amount of torque when cruising along in 3rd gear and then you slightly put your foot down is unreal. To a passer by I must have looked a nutter driving along a very quiet, long road nearby speeding up and then slowing down all the time

Anyhow to those considering getting it done to their diesel turbo.....erm.....do it.....and then have lots of fun. It really does make up for the not so attractive sound of a diesel I must say

Last edited by Graham P; 05-11-08 at 15:24.
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: Married
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
braddersR's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 650
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Leicestershire
Posts: 42,781
Re: GT remapped

Nice one Graham......... it's something i've been thinking about..... just need to get the £££'s sorted...
braddersR is offline  
Status: 159 Hunted......
AO Platinum Member
 
dpat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cheshire
Posts: 32,421
Re: GT remapped

as bradders said
dpat is offline  
Status: Formerly 166, GT, 147,155,33
AO Silver Member
 
CCOVICH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Ireland
County: Kildare
Posts: 2,429

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

Re: GT remapped

The only thing (other than the cost, which isn't huge) that has stopped me doing it is the fact that you are advised to upgrade other parts at the same time?

Or am I wrong? I have just replaced my clutch, so hopefully there's some life in that yet!
CCOVICH is offline  
Graham P
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: GT remapped

Had a couple of remaps on cars now and all the original parts have been fine
 
Status: need some Italian in my life
Regional Representative
 
alfiGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Africa
County: Gauteng
Posts: 3,772
Re: GT remapped

Pity these guys aren't in SA
alfiGT is offline  
Graham P
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: GT remapped

Road dried out for a bit today so I gave it everything it has....wow that car can shift some!!!

Remap has also made the totally useless first gear 'almost' usable

If only diesels had a better soundtrack it would actually be the perfect car
 
Status: need some Italian in my life
Regional Representative
 
alfiGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: South Africa
County: Gauteng
Posts: 3,772
Re: GT remapped

I agree, the sound of a diesel is not exactly music to my ears
alfiGT is offline  
Status: Need another 159
AO Member
 
SnapperMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 87

Member car:

159

Re: GT remapped

Had my 2.4 156 done by Evolve in Luton a month ago and its incredible, even the sound isnt too bad on the 5 cylinder. Now I've ordered a K&N filter and am choosing a better exhaust - apparently thats the most important thing next.
I got better brakes ages ago as all Alfa brakes seem terrible - EBC/green stuff disks and pads are cheaper than main dealer and stop so much better - very important if you're playing with over 200BHP!
SnapperMatt is offline  
Graham P
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: GT remapped

What exhaust you going for Matt?
 
Status: Busy busy busy!
Club Member
Membro Premio
 
Pud237's Avatar
 
Club Member Number: 71
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: United Kingdom
County: Cumbria
Posts: 44,801
Re: GT remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham P View Post
What exhaust you going for Matt?
With the diesels all you really want to do is increase the bore slightly, from the turbo all the way back, and chop out all the silencers/cats to have the most free-flowing system possible.
Pud237 is offline  
Damien_C
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: GT remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt33/146/156 View Post
Had my 2.4 156 done by Evolve in Luton a month ago and its incredible, even the sound isnt too bad on the 5 cylinder. Now I've ordered a K&N filter and am choosing a better exhaust - apparently thats the most important thing next.
I got better brakes ages ago as all Alfa brakes seem terrible - EBC/green stuff disks and pads are cheaper than main dealer and stop so much better - very important if you're playing with over 200BHP!
EBC are awful brakes and their quality control is very bad too

But what was told to you about the exhaust being important is correct as on turbo cars that is the best way to get power easily enough.
 
Status: Need another 159
AO Member
 
SnapperMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 87

Member car:

159

Re: GT remapped

[QUOTE=Damien_C;2187655]EBC are awful brakes and their quality control is very bad too

I've not had problems with them, but would like to try some Brombos, but the cost, ouch!
SnapperMatt is offline  
Status: Need another 159
AO Member
 
SnapperMatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Kent
Posts: 87

Member car:

159

Re: GT remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham P View Post
What exhaust you going for Matt?
Sorry for so long coming back Graham. I dont know - looking on the various sites, none say whats good with this engine, I guess I'll have to go up to Autodelta or someone silmilar and take whats available.

My problem is theres never enough money left for the Alfa after my hot rod/kustom project and a classic resto, otherwise it would have been done long ago!
SnapperMatt is offline  
Status: -
AO Member
 
Mark_JTD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: United Kingdom
County: Wiltshire
Posts: 563
Re: GT remapped

Hi Matt,

What power/torque did you get out of your remap? Looks like we've got the same engine/car and there isn't a huge amount of remap info on the 20v's.

Cheers,

Mark
Mark_JTD is offline  
Graham P
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: GT remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt33/146/156 View Post
Sorry for so long coming back Graham. I dont know - looking on the various sites, none say whats good with this engine, I guess I'll have to go up to Autodelta or someone silmilar and take whats available.

My problem is theres never enough money left for the Alfa after my hot rod/kustom project and a classic resto, otherwise it would have been done long ago!
Give Angel Tuning a shout Matt. They have quoted me a complete new sports exhaust for £650
 
Status: -
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,522
Re: GT remapped

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham P View Post
Had my new GT remapped yesterday by Angel Tuning. Not had a chance to really test it yet due to the wet roads but the amount of torque when cruising along in 3rd gear and then you slightly put your foot down is unreal. To a passer by I must have looked a nutter driving along a very quiet, long road nearby speeding up and then slowing down all the time

Anyhow to those considering getting it done to their diesel turbo.....erm.....do it.....and then have lots of fun. It really does make up for the not so attractive sound of a diesel I must say
Nice one G. I see you've gone down the diesel route.

ARUK are supplying me with the Q2 diesel now as my GT is crap. A re-map is the first thing on the cards.
G5een is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
remapped

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome