GT remapped - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

Graham P

GT remapped

Had my new GT remapped yesterday by Angel Tuning. Not had a chance to really test it yet due to the wet roads but the amount of torque when cruising along in 3rd gear and then you slightly put your foot down is unreal. To a passer by I must have looked a nutter driving along a very quiet, long road nearby speeding up and then slowing down all the time

Anyhow to those considering getting it done to their diesel turbo.....erm.....do it.....and then have lots of fun. It really does make up for the not so attractive sound of a diesel I must say

Last edited by Graham P; 05-11-08 at 15:24.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Re: GT remapped

Nice one Graham......... it's something i've been thinking about..... just need to get the £££'s sorted...
AO Platinum Member

County: Cheshire

as bradders said
AO Silver Member

County: Kildare

Member car:

159 2.4 JTDm

The only thing (other than the cost, which isn't huge) that has stopped me doing it is the fact that you are advised to upgrade other parts at the same time?

Or am I wrong? I have just replaced my clutch, so hopefully there's some life in that yet!
Graham P

Had a couple of remaps on cars now and all the original parts have been fine

Regional Representative

County: Gauteng

Pity these guys aren't in SA
Graham P

Road dried out for a bit today so I gave it everything it has....wow that car can shift some!!!

Remap has also made the totally useless first gear 'almost' usable

If only diesels had a better soundtrack it would actually be the perfect car

Regional Representative

County: Gauteng

I agree, the sound of a diesel is not exactly music to my ears
AO Member

County: Kent

Member car:

Had my 2.4 156 done by Evolve in Luton a month ago and its incredible, even the sound isnt too bad on the 5 cylinder. Now I've ordered a K&N filter and am choosing a better exhaust - apparently thats the most important thing next.
I got better brakes ages ago as all Alfa brakes seem terrible - EBC/green stuff disks and pads are cheaper than main dealer and stop so much better - very important if you're playing with over 200BHP!
Graham P

What exhaust you going for Matt?

Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham P View Post
With the diesels all you really want to do is increase the bore slightly, from the turbo all the way back, and chop out all the silencers/cats to have the most free-flowing system possible.
Damien_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt33/146/156 View Post
Had my 2.4 156 done by Evolve in Luton a month ago and its incredible, even the sound isnt too bad on the 5 cylinder. Now I've ordered a K&N filter and am choosing a better exhaust - apparently thats the most important thing next.
I got better brakes ages ago as all Alfa brakes seem terrible - EBC/green stuff disks and pads are cheaper than main dealer and stop so much better - very important if you're playing with over 200BHP!
EBC are awful brakes and their quality control is very bad too

But what was told to you about the exhaust being important is correct as on turbo cars that is the best way to get power easily enough.

AO Member

Member car:

[QUOTE=Damien_C;2187655]EBC are awful brakes and their quality control is very bad too

I've not had problems with them, but would like to try some Brombos, but the cost, ouch!
AO Member

Member car:

Quote:
Sorry for so long coming back Graham. I dont know - looking on the various sites, none say whats good with this engine, I guess I'll have to go up to Autodelta or someone silmilar and take whats available.

My problem is theres never enough money left for the Alfa after my hot rod/kustom project and a classic resto, otherwise it would have been done long ago!
AO Member

County: Wiltshire

Hi Matt,

What power/torque did you get out of your remap? Looks like we've got the same engine/car and there isn't a huge amount of remap info on the 20v's.

Cheers,

Mark
Graham P

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt33/146/156 View Post
Sorry for so long coming back Graham. I dont know - looking on the various sites, none say whats good with this engine, I guess I'll have to go up to Autodelta or someone silmilar and take whats available.

My problem is theres never enough money left for the Alfa after my hot rod/kustom project and a classic resto, otherwise it would have been done long ago!
Give Angel Tuning a shout Matt. They have quoted me a complete new sports exhaust for £650

Quote:
Had my new GT remapped yesterday by Angel Tuning. Not had a chance to really test it yet due to the wet roads but the amount of torque when cruising along in 3rd gear and then you slightly put your foot down is unreal. To a passer by I must have looked a nutter driving along a very quiet, long road nearby speeding up and then slowing down all the time

Anyhow to those considering getting it done to their diesel turbo.....erm.....do it.....and then have lots of fun. It really does make up for the not so attractive sound of a diesel I must say
Nice one G. I see you've gone down the diesel route.

ARUK are supplying me with the Q2 diesel now as my GT is crap. A re-map is the first thing on the cards.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
remapped

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page