Stainless exhaust . - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 04-11-08 Thread Starter
24v

Stainless exhaust .

Hi , Just had the remap done at reddot'' and the car is a great drive now, but after reading so many things about diesels and tuning them, i made a phone call yesterday to have a stainless 2-1/2 inch system made for my car from the front pipe, plus ive removed the cat.

Its going to have twin slash cut tail pipes, because the standard box looks crap tbh, and lets the car down..i know ive done it back to front by having the remap first, but i did not want to lose a good offer at reddot, and i could not make my mind up which exhaust system to have.

Now will the car need tweaking or do you think a ecu reset, ie disconnecting the battery , i'm picking the car up later this afternoon,
so i cannot wait ..thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Re: Stainless exhaust .

A higher performance exhaust will probably need different levels of air flow in the system, hence I think you need another tweak of the ECU.
AO Member

County: Surrey

me thinks the ECU will need a bit of a tweak
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria

You will get a bit more power top end probably, but you will gain even more with another remap. As you won't have to worry about exhaust gas temps so much you will be able to push more boost in and more fuel in and make more power.
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 04-11-08 Thread Starter
24v

Thanks for the replys'' well just got home from picking the car up, its superb now, i was apprehensive when i first had to start the car , but a very nice burble on start up, i drove off expecting the car to hold back, because i thought it may be out of tune '' but god it took off even stronger turbo boost from before.

They have done a wonderful job of the stainless pipe work, they still put a flexi joint in, just in front of were the main cat would be, i just wished i had my camera it looks great, sounds lovely but not like a petrol sports exhaust, quiet but nice when you give it some, plus it revs so well now , its boosting lower down but its one big surge now.

I will probably get more horses or torque now , but i may leave it until i get a induction kit or filter, then have a tweak.

I'll get pics up of the back box soon as, when the rain stops, i think it was a good price considering i was going to get the supersprint, plus the car went in yesterday morning and i picked the car up 12.00 clock, so i did not have to wait for delivery or anything from anywere wich is great....
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo

Post a video too

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
exhaust , stainless

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page