H and R lowering springs - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Dublin
Wave H and R lowering springs

Hi I have just received my new h and r lowering springs that lower car between 30-35 mm.

I am just wondering what your opinions are about these springs? I got them at a bargain price of 104euros thanks to Rancido64. Thanks again man.

Also does anyone have any idea how much they should cost to fit? As in the last week I have spent 1250 in fixing up a few problems and getting the car serviced with Gerry in TI Autos, class guy.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 7 Old 04-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Re: H and R lowering springs

Bump

well dude glad ya got em!

I've 2 mechanic friends that'll do em for €25 per corner, so €100 overall.
It'll take em around 3-4 hours i'd imagine, they're based just down near Firhouse if you're interested
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09

County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

seems odd to ask about them AFTER buying them!

H&R are a top quality brand. their springs are often a smidge 'lower' than others like Eibach, but usually a smidge stiffer too.

for optimal performance, you 'must' upgrade the dampers too. that is, it'll probably be too stiff and harsh without quality dampers, unless your existing ones are as-new (unlikely). you might wish to hold off installing them until you have new dampers - otherwise, you'll be repeating the same work to fit new dampers later. best economy is to fit new springs and dampers at the same time, and of course have a 4-wheel alignment down straight after. if they are secondhand/used, then the springs should have 'sagged'/settled already (all new springs need use and time to sag), so you shouldn't need a repeated wheel alignment after 500km or so. normally, with new springs, the geometry will all change again once the springs sag, so you would get another alignment done.

KONI Sport dampers is what i recommend. otherwise, KONI FSD (more expensive), or Bilstein B6/8. B8 suits springs lowering the car 40mm+ (ie: are short-stroke versions) but seek advice from the retailer.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey
(Post Link) post #5 of 7 Old 05-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancido64 View Post
well dude glad ya got em!

I've 2 mechanic friends that'll do em for €25 per corner, so €100 overall.
It'll take em around 3-4 hours i'd imagine, they're based just down near Firhouse if you're interested
Ye man would have been hard to say no at that price, grabbed them as soon as i could!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiny_car View Post
seems odd to ask about them AFTER buying them!

H&R are a top quality brand. their springs are often a smidge 'lower' than others like Eibach, but usually a smidge stiffer too.

for optimal performance, you 'must' upgrade the dampers too. that is, it'll probably be too stiff and harsh without quality dampers, unless your existing ones are as-new (unlikely). you might wish to hold off installing them until you have new dampers - otherwise, you'll be repeating the same work to fit new dampers later. best economy is to fit new springs and dampers at the same time, and of course have a 4-wheel alignment down straight after. if they are secondhand/used, then the springs should have 'sagged'/settled already (all new springs need use and time to sag), so you shouldn't need a repeated wheel alignment after 500km or so. normally, with new springs, the geometry will all change again once the springs sag, so you would get another alignment done.

KONI Sport dampers is what i recommend. otherwise, KONI FSD (more expensive), or Bilstein B6/8. B8 suits springs lowering the car 40mm+ (ie: are short-stroke versions) but seek advice from the retailer.

Thanks for all the advice i think i will hold off now for a while and save up a bit more and buy the KONI sport dampers. Got the springs as a bargain impulse buy thanks to Rancido so had to get them!

Thanks again.
Unregistered

County: Wiltshire

No matter how long you wait, I can only strongly advise you to get replacement nuts and bolts for evert joint you disturb whil st doing the job, aicwilson and myself have had a mare of a weekend replacing his suspension with FSDs and Eibach springs, although the JTS cambelt change went superbly.
(Post Link) post #7 of 7 Old 05-10-08 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smaky View Post
No matter how long you wait, I can only strongly advise you to get replacement nuts and bolts for evert joint you disturb whil st doing the job, aicwilson and myself have had a mare of a weekend replacing his suspension with FSDs and Eibach springs, although the JTS cambelt change went superbly.

Thanks for the advice

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
lowering , springs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page