Halogen Spotlights - Opinions? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 26-02-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: - Lancashire
Garage
Halogen Spotlights - Opinions?

Afternoon all! Nine months with my Twinny now, and the car is in great shape! Since June it's had a full cam-belt change, oil and air filter change, four new tires, new headlight bulbs (standard, not a fan of xenon or blue-ish ones), Brembo discs and pads on all four corners (as well as a new TRW caliper) and recently just passed it's MOT with flying colours - apart from a smidge of welding that needed doing on the left sill. Also improved my oil consumption since buying it. Through meticulous oil consumption monitoring and changing, I've managed to reduce consumption from 600mi per 4l of oil (which is terrible) to over 2,000mi per 4l - It's still coming down. Anyway, I digress, now it's nearly summer and I want to start making some external changes, I'm going to start with some front spotlights.

For those who haven't seen it, my 147 is an '06 face lift, but with no front fogs, so I wanted to spruce the front end up by adding some front spots. Here's the two I'm narrowed down to, both by Ring in the Microline series, I'm torn between circular and rectangular. The thing with the rectangular ones is that they are small enough to be fitted via the mesh grills in the bottom of the bumper, meaning I won't have to do any drilling to the outside of the car! Would I be able to wire them up to the fog light switch that operates the single-rear fog light? What are everyone's opinions?

Hoping to fit some new alloys at some point too, Zender Milanos would be lovely but they are impossible to find - I'd settle for some similar 5 stud pepper-pots, failing that, the O.Z Superturismo look very tempting!

Cheers,

Matty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (95.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (65.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg RMH1.jpg (20.7 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg RMH2.jpg (9.7 KB, 5 views)

"...Every fibre in my body would be saying 'buy the Golf', and I'd be on my way to the dealership and I'd veer off and buy the GTA"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: -
I'm unsure of what you mean. You say spot lamps but you also stated wiring up to the fog lamp circuit (rear) which means they only work with the rear fog lamp which let's face it, needs only be used about 4 times per year.

Why not just get the proper front fogs (pattern parts from Autodoc or similar), use the OE fittings and get a switch, possibly relay from a breaker and do a proxy alignment to make it work?

I think possibly most aftermarket lighting modifications look tacky. The only ones that look any good are ones that look like a professional fitting and bolt on rectangular ones are just so out of place on the 147s curvy lines, IMHO.

It's your car and you've done good things with it so far but think carefully before attempting lighting changes as things like that can be very divisive.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
halogen , modification , spotlights , twinspark

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page