Adjust the rod on 2.4 jtd ? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 17-01-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Adjust the rod on 2.4 jtd ?

Hello guys, I got me an alfa 156 2.4jtd 150 hp which runs great I see that my wastegate has a nut which I can tighten to adjust the turbo boost and I am being tempted A LOT by these things. So here comes the question. Can I turn it just a bit so I will get a bit more boost and therefore faster acceleration which I apparently can't get enough of since I have another alfa 2.4 136 hp but the rod cant be adjusted so I remapped her and now shes much much faster ( I told the guy to boost her up as much as possible) than what she used to be, but the clutch went so.. yea... Would it be better to just turn the nut a bit and get the boost I want, or is it better to remap her... or do both lol. I think the 150 hp version's turbo can be booster thru the ECU? Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Bayern
Don't touch the nut or the stop screw. If you "adjust" this parts, you lost the boost control. Remap is the only way!
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 17-01-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

thank you for the quick reply. Damn my fingers itch but il follow your advice Im just wondering if I should just go ahead and increase the boost to 1.4 bars? car is completely stock
(Post Link) post #4 of 6 Old 17-01-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Also I know that this is not possible on the 136 hp version, should I consider adding a boost controller?
AO Member

County: Bayern
Why? Do you understand how an ECU works? More boost = not more power. You need to program more fuel and more boost => then you have more power.

When you try too change the boost only by mechanic adjustments, the ECU see the boost value and lower the boost by the overboost valve.
(Post Link) post #6 of 6 Old 18-01-19 Thread Starter
AO Member

Well, I didnt quite understand that untill you explained it to me. But as far as I know the 150 hp turbo boost can be incrased by remapping it, where as you cant do that on the 136 hp.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
adjust , jtd , rod

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page