147 1.6 Upgrades - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 16-08-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: - Lancashire
Garage
147 1.6 Upgrades

Hi guys, had my Twinny for nearly 3 months now, had Cambelt changed, waterpump, aux belt and cam gasket cover, no variator cause it's a 105HP. The engine tick has stopped thanks to a right good home service with full Selenia 10w40 and oil filter, air filter and pollen filter. Looking at starting to upgrade it bit by bit now, a little bit of extra grunt here and there and a nice raspy exhaust note.

First off, I'm not looking for huge gains, I'm looking at waiting for a 156 GTA in about 3 years time, and just having a nippy 147 I can enjoy for a few years, and then sell with some decent upgrades.

Looking at going for a new cat-back exhaust, 2.5" with dual tips matched with a BMC CDA induction kit up at the front and routed at some distance from the engine to avoid sucking in just hot air. Replacing the springs as they are pretty rusty, currently at 120,000 miles, but still want stock ride height. Also some anti-roll bars to keep it from rolling about. Uprated discs and calipers and possibly a Stage 1 remap but everything I've read so far says they aren't really worth it.

In talks with a local company about my exhaust system so will see how that goes, but as for anything else, any advice is hugely appreciated!

Thanks guys!

"...Every fibre in my body would be saying 'buy the Golf', and I'd be on my way to the dealership and I'd veer off and buy the GTA"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 16-08-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: - Lancashire
Garage
Picture, just cause!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0048_1534411519020.jpg (72.2 KB, 5 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
147 , upgrades

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page