Hi everyone, I'm thinking about this project for a while.
My first question is: Which is the best setup for 0.5bar pressure?
I want to build a faster and reliable 147TS for daily use. From the previous research I came to this setup, but I still have a lot of dilemmas and questions...To be continued
Before everything for start i will replace: (new bearings for crankshaft, bearings for conrods, new piston rings, new clutch)
-Stock ECU (remap)
-Compression ratio 10:1
- CF2 T.S. alloy intake manifold with stock 2.0 CF3 throttle body.
- Polished exhaust ports on cylinder head.
- Siemens injectors 9179379 312cc/min from Volvo T4 engine (stock T.S. injectors are 179cc/min).
- Exhaust manifold from 1.9 JTDm 16v (I bought it from Alfa GT)
- Turbo, well I'm considering between turbo from 1750Tbi (straight fit on T.S. head with Tbi exhaust manifold), K04, turbo from Volvo T5 (i didn't find info from which 2.0 or 2.4. and from which model),and Iveco Daily 2.8 Turbo Garrett GT20.
- Stock Intercooler from Alfa 147 1.9 JTD.
. If you can help me please put the number of question before answer.
1. Which is the easiest way to fit CF3 throttle body on CF2 intake manifold?
For now I see two options:
- making or buying some adapter
- cutting some parts from intake manifold
2. Do I need colder spark plugs? One number colder or two?
3. Are the pumps on ts and jtd the same? If the pump on the jtd makes a higher oil pressure it could be good for a turbo setup.
4. Air box from jtd 147 or KN filter?
5. Should I put AFM before air box or before throttle body?
6. Do I need blow off valve? Turbo will probably have waste gate.
7. Which turbo is easiest to fit on jtdm 16v exhaust manifold? Option with fitting modified downpipe with catalytic form jtdm would be great.
8. Do I need oil cooler? I will use car in normal conditions, not for race.
9. Some tutorial for how to install oil pressure sensor with gauge on T.S.? Oil temp. also could be fine.
10. Do I need stronger clutch than stock for approx 200-210HP? Not even sure how much HP i will get from 0.5bar.
11. Do I need stronger fuel pump?
12. Is there any benefits if I fit alloy fuel rail from CF2 with two flow directions. Currently is one direction flow with pressure regulator in fuel tank.
13. Oil feed for turbo:
-To take oil from cyl. head?
-Or to make external small tank with electric oil pump. (small el. oil pump prom Peugeot scooters)
14. Is there going to be some problems if I fit wires from second lambda to first lambda? So, one lambda will give data for both.