Brera + coilovers - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 20-01-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Brera + coilovers

Who has a coilover setup on their Brera?

I have some suspension upgrades in mind for my Brera S Prodrive and would like some advice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
I don't have a Brera, but have installed D2 brand race grade coil overs in my 156 V6 SW daily / track day car. Having the hard 12kg/cm springs with medium/high settings on damping at the rear made the ride VERY crashy, with the damping down to minimum it is still crashy, but bearable. The hard 22kg/cm springs up front didn't make daily driving much different. On track the package made a big difference.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 22-01-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

I am planning to fit coils and also replace the bushes with powerflex. Which would you do first?
AO Silver Member

County: Gauteng
Garage
Worn bushes are nearly as bad as worn shocks. It depends on your current situation and what you want from the project... Is it more for looks / track days / ride quality?

If you are going to do both, then you might as well do them together. The coil overs will bring the biggest difference - I'd do that 1st. But if you are still undecided on what coils to go for and need A LOT of time to research your options, then do the bushes in the meantime
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 22-01-18 Thread Starter
AO Member

I've decided on the Bilstein B16s and have them here now. I will admit the main reason is looks as the standard ride height is not what a coupe should look like.

But if im going to do it I also want an upgrade on the Prodrive gear already fitted and improve the handling further hence the B16s.

My other concern is camber. I dont want issues when i lower the suspension and i believe powerflex can help with this?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
brera , coilovers

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page