ProAlfa Limited - Warning - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

3Likes
  • 3 Post By axk9

(Post Link) post #1 of 9 Old 22-10-17 Thread Starter

County: -
ProAlfa Limited - Warning

The aim of this post is just to make other aware of my experience and so that other people do not end up in the same position. Everything is factual and I have all supporting evidence if required. There is currently an ongoing police investigation into fraud and also a civil claim which I have raised, so I just want to stop other people who may be considering this company for future work.

On 4th October 2017 I transferred 2000 to ProAlfa Limited for the 250bhp conversion on my Abarth 595 Turismo. This money was for the forge intercooler and made to order parts for the conversion, the total cost of the work was going to be circa 5500 and after doing weeks of research on who to go with and what was involved, I felt ProAlfa were the best company to do the work. After making the payment, all email contact ceased with the owner, Chris Taylor, and after making the 200 mile journey from my home address to the ProAlfa premises on October 14th it was perfectly clear that I had been duped into the payment.

To take it back to after I made the payment, I hadn't received the receipt for the money which I was told I would get on payment. At this point I started to do some digging into the company, as prior to this, the internet was full of praise for ProAlfa and Chris (the Chris I believed to be the Chris everyone talked about online). If you look at Companies House however, you will see that the company actually changed ownership on September 18th 2017, to another Chris, Chris Taylor.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

Up until this point, Chis Taylor had responded to emails, and I had spoken to him a few times on the phone to go through customising bits of the conversion. His technical knowledge was sound and not once did I get the impression when speaking to him, that I was dealing with someone who didn't come across as a respectable person with a good reputation, a reputation that the previous owner(s) at ProAlfa had built up over the years. It wasn't until I saw the information on Companies House that alarm bells started to ring. In one phone conversation with Chris, I brought up the name of a YouTube blogger who had all his work done by Chris at ProAlfa (that's all that was stated in the videos), at which point the new owner, Chris Taylor, acknowledged it as his work. On arrival at the premises on October 14th I did some digging with some people in the area, and found out he had no ties to the previous ProAlfa as a mechanic, and was an outsider taking over the company. I was also told by local people in the area, that I was just one of a number of people unable to get hold of Chris Taylor, be it for money back, or their car returned.

To this date, I have tried on a daily basis to get in touch with the owner via email and phone with no look. Email contact gets no response, and ringing the business line yields a subscriber voicemail box full message.

I will update this post once I have further details regarding both the criminal and civil proceedings in a bid to get my 2000 back. However after starting this nightmare process back in the middle of September, I wanted to make sure others were informed of my dealings and to save others the huge disappointment and hassle I have endured so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Premio

Garage
Any update?
AO Member

County: Minskaya

Member car:

Alfa GT TBi

wow, i can live one year with family on 2000
(Post Link) post #4 of 9 Old 06-12-17 Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desame View Post
Any update?
It is still going through the courts for my personal claim and is still with the police for the criminal investigation. I will post an update on both when I get one.

If you have a look below you'll see the person who defrauded me of the 2000 on October 4th, had resigned as a director 3 days before on the 1st. There is a new owner in place, and he has been contacted without any reply. The phone number for the company also tries to redirect you and complains about the subscriber mailbox being full.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/c...filing-history

If you take a look at the updated Google Reviews, you will also see others have had trouble, with 2 people reporting that the original ProAlfa has now folded.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pr...1e31d115ad18,1,,,

Once I get any official back from the civil and criminal aspect, I will post an update to let others know.

County: england
shocking
(Post Link) post #6 of 9 Old 20-01-18 Thread Starter

I just wanted to post an update for what it is worth. With ProAlfa being no more and a new company in at the premises, people needn't worry about falling into the same trap, I and other fells into with taking their cars there. That doesn't mean however that it isn't worth making a note of the names involved for future reference. There is some further information here which you may or may not have read which gives some background into what has happened:

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...f=99&t=1712882

I received judgement in the civil courts after ProAlfa (whoever is running the show) refused to respond to the courts. I can push this to the next phase with the backing of the court via numerous different methods in an attempt to get my money back, but ultimately 400 miles driven, 2 thousand pounds handed over, and all the upset and aggro it caused personally, has led me to believe throwing anymore money at the civil case for now as a complete waste of time. The company has all but folded (although Companies House still shows active, for now) and are no longer at the premises, so trying to retrieve my money this way seems a waste of time at present.

The criminal investigation is on going, similar to before I don't want to post anything regarding the investigation as I don't want to jeopardise where this is up to. Once I have something I can post which won't harm the criminal case, I will do so.
AO Member

Is it these people

Anthony Jennings
Current
Date of birth: June 1984

Nationality: British

Role: Director

Appointed: 01 October 2017

Address: Warltersville Road, London, N19 3AS, England

Residence: United Kingdom

Latest update: 16 January 2018

Chris Clarel Taylor
Resigned
Date of birth: March 1978

Nationality: British

Role: Director

Appointed: 18 September 2017

Resigned: 01 October 2017

Address: Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 9QP

Residence: United Kingdom
AO Silver Member

County: West Sussex
Good a reason as any to deal local...I only deal with companies within a reasonable distance. That way if they start to mess around you can easily pay a visit and "discuss" the matter over a game of baseball!

...and no offence and not saying your were asking for it.....(but you kinda were)..but what were you doing handing over that sort of cash to a company you've never dealt with without even paying them a visit to see their premises or the work they are currently doing. You researched them on company house...but only after the event....Hell, I refused to pay a deposit of 100 on a custom exhaust I was having built until I'd met them.

Lesson learned I think...pity it was such an expensive one.

Last edited by alfaitalia; 12-02-18 at 21:47.
dc
AO Silver Member

County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Brera 2.2 JTS

I used Pro Alfa quite a bit although organisation was never their strongest point and they had already been through 3 different ownerships before the last one. Stopped using them a couple of years ago as I found Autolusso to be better even though they were a bit of a drive to get to. Still, it's a shame it's ended as it has. I took a look at the old Pro Alfa workshop last week and there is steel girder company there now.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
limited , proalfa , warning

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page