Im off to see Ned at Autolusso - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 14-09-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Devon
Garage
Im off to see Ned at Autolusso

Hello forum people! So I have some money coming to me in the next month or so. Spoke to Ned today and it looks like I am going for a swirl flap removal, egr delete, SMF and GTA clutch, hybrid turbo and a remap. (plus service, cambelt and waterpump) I am having a freeflow exhaust fitted prior to this including a full decat of downpipe and main cat. Should I worry about the airfilter at all, I have read many bad things about induction kits, the oem box being better. So should I stick with a standard paper filter or consider something like a pipercross panel, is it worth it? Will it help the remap at all or are all these "upgraded" filters a waste of money? I just want to maximise the return on the remap. He said I should be looking at around 250bhp afterwards which is very nice! (Suspension will come later when I can afford a set of FSD's)
I also have an additional remapping question, I have the sport button on my cloverleaf, would it be possible to set the high power remap to the button when on and have an economy map when off?
I do a fair bit of motorway miles and don't want to wreck my mpg too much as it will make my wallet sad, especially after all the upgrades I am having done. Anyone else running similar, if so what kind of mpg are you getting?
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alfa1.jpg (173.8 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg alfa2.jpg (201.8 KB, 13 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAlfaOwner View Post
Hello forum people! So I have some money coming to me in the next month or so. Spoke to Ned today and it looks like I am going for a swirl flap removal, egr delete, SMF and GTA clutch, hybrid turbo and a remap. (plus service, cambelt and waterpump) I am having a freeflow exhaust fitted prior to this including a full decat of downpipe and main cat. Should I worry about the airfilter at all, I have read many bad things about induction kits, the oem box being better. So should I stick with a standard paper filter or consider something like a pipercross panel, is it worth it? Will it help the remap at all or are all these "upgraded" filters a waste of money? I just want to maximise the return on the remap. He said I should be looking at around 250bhp afterwards which is very nice! (Suspension will come later when I can afford a set of FSD's)
I also have an additional remapping question, I have the sport button on my cloverleaf, would it be possible to set the high power remap to the button when on and have an economy map when off?
I do a fair bit of motorway miles and don't want to wreck my mpg too much as it will make my wallet sad, especially after all the upgrades I am having done. Anyone else running similar, if so what kind of mpg are you getting?
Cheers
Most people leave the airbox as standard, there are a few threads on why, but mainly cos of the water trap and because the standard filter has more surface area than an after market one.

The sport button only changes the mapping of the accelerator pedal, so you can have different maps on it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
autolusso , ned

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page