oil out again - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuore_Sportivo_155

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 17-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
oil out again

After a while away from car again i thought i best start her up and let her warm then gives some good rev's to make sure is working well.

And sure enough she started and was running as smooth as ive had any car going she really sounds nice , Thought i would check to see if turbo is giving good boost so i reved her high and slosh the oil pressure popped off my turbo oil pipe and the air pressure popped off the throttle body to inlet pipe off .

so i guess i have good turbo pressure and good oil pressure .
But alas i have lots of oil on the floor once again.

thats 7 x 5 liters of oil ive bought for it now 6 of them wasted

Which brings me to advice . what would you say is the very best / tightest hose clips i can use so it doesn't happen again i have 1 eared clips with tool what is better then these and what tool to go with them.

Thanks

All spares parts for 156 and 147 being sold that i will not be using (cheap) nothing too small ask what you want , willing to post world wide Phone 07922123242 Ask for Neil and say Mark said to phone .

Download link for Alfa 156's http://www.filedropper.com/alfaelearn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO COTY Winner 2017
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2393
County: -

Member car:

Brera 2.4 8C Red

Is it just flat pipe, or is there a ring, or some other kind of physical barrier at the end of it, preventing the clamp to come of? Something like this
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 18-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobanR View Post
Is it just flat pipe, or is there a ring, or some other kind of physical barrier at the end of it, preventing the clamp to come of? Something like this
its one end of the oil filter i added and it is barbed. maybe i didn't get the clip in the correct position when i clamped it may have just been resting on the edge of the barb, i will make sure i do it correctly today , i guess the reason why it popped is because the oil flow has a restrictor before entering the turbo .

as for silicon pipe fitting to the throttle body there is no lip/barb i will just have to use a contact glue and a good strong t-bar clip on it

thanks for reply fella
AO COTY Winner 2017
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 2393
County: -

Member car:

Brera 2.4 8C Red

You probably tried this, but just in case...I use to have similar issue with my IC hoses, and solution was really simple. I've created micro grooves on the part of the FMIC pipe (TB in your case) where hose comes on(where clamp would sit). Something similar to this this.
And what did the trick was to de-grease TV and inside of the hose with brake-cleaner before putting silicon hose back.
And yes, strong T-clamp is the best option
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
can't you fit a restrictor to the other side of the hose and get rid of the one in the turbo? That would reduce pressure on the hose.

Roughen the throttle body with coarse sand paper and make sure there's no grease on it.
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 18-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuore_Sportivo_155 View Post
can't you fit a restrictor to the other side of the hose and get rid of the one in the turbo? That would reduce pressure on the hose.
The restrictor is part of the banjo bolt that fit the to the turbo so will be awkward to get 1 to fit before hand , good idea though and im sure it will be ok this time i connect it as i used a jubilee clip before this time im using a 1 ear o-ring clip so will be nice and tight
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
just in case, measure the restricition as you have it in hand, should be easy to fabricate something that sits in the other side of the hose. Just in case
mirlock likes this.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
oil

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page