V6 fuel line feed question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

3Likes
  • 1 Post By mirlock
  • 2 Post By bernas68

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 15-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: Cascais

Member car:

2000 156 3.0 v6

V6 fuel line feed question

Hi guys,

A quick one for you: I've got a 156 CF2 V6 with a CF3 3.0 engine that came off a 166. When swapping engines, my mechanic used the original CF2 fuel rail and injectors (yellow ones) as well as the 2.5 intake runners. Now I've gotten hold of a set of CF3 red injectors and fuel rails, base plates (larger bore) and intake runners. Having had the injectors overhauled and repainted the fuel rails, all's ready to go in the car, but wait a moment! The fuel feed line is different! The way it plugs in is completely different, so I'll have to remove the fuel line and adapt a hose from the grey hard line that comes from the tank to the fuel rail, but how do I remove the flexy(ish) line that connects to the fuel rail? I have no questions about the fuel rail side, because it's just a a nut that comes out, but will I have to butcher it on the firewall side, in order to take it out, or does it come out just by pulling it hard and patiently?

Any help will be welcome.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernas68 View Post
Hi guys,

A quick one for you: I've got a 156 CF2 V6 with a CF3 3.0 engine that came off a 166. When swapping engines, my mechanic used the original CF2 fuel rail and injectors (yellow ones) as well as the 2.5 intake runners. Now I've gotten hold of a set of CF3 red injectors and fuel rails, base plates (larger bore) and intake runners. Having had the injectors overhauled and repainted the fuel rails, all's ready to go in the car, but wait a moment! The fuel feed line is different! The way it plugs in is completely different, so I'll have to remove the fuel line and adapt a hose from the grey hard line that comes from the tank to the fuel rail, but how do I remove the flexy(ish) line that connects to the fuel rail? I have no questions about the fuel rail side, because it's just a a nut that comes out, but will I have to butcher it on the firewall side, in order to take it out, or does it come out just by pulling it hard and patiently?

Any help will be welcome.
Thanks!

You can just cut the fuel line off , on the tube on the firewall is just a metal fuel pipe.

I did the same and just removed the whole pipe and replaced it with a new bit of fuel line and bought a barbed hose end for rail side and just jubilee clipped it all on
bernas68 likes this.
(Post Link) post #3 of 7 Old 15-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2000 156 3.0 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirlock View Post
You can just cut the fuel line off , on the tube on the firewall is just a metal fuel pipe.

I did the same and just removed the whole pipe and replaced it with a new bit of fuel line and bought a barbed hose end for rail side and just jubilee clipped it all on
Thanks Mirlock!

I guessed that would be the way to go, but just wanted to make sure.
You wouldn't happen to have a picture at hand, now would you?

(Post Link) post #4 of 7 Old 16-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2000 156 3.0 v6

Okay, so I went ahead and did it!

After a few scares (broken alen wrench bit inside a screw head) and a couple of screws that didn't seem to want to come out, I managed to change the whole thing and there is no fuel leak or anything of the sort (which is good news when your playing with fuel lines and injectors)

So I turned on the car (after many cranks) and my injector light came on and the car is running very rough (although it seems to be getting a little bit better as time goes by).

My question now is, should I let it idle for 15 minutes so it reprograms itself (and eventually/hopefully stabilises the idle and the injector light will go out)? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Please help...

Cheers!
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernas68 View Post
Okay, so I went ahead and did it!

After a few scares (broken alen wrench bit inside a screw head) and a couple of screws that didn't seem to want to come out, I managed to change the whole thing and there is no fuel leak or anything of the sort (which is good news when your playing with fuel lines and injectors)

So I turned on the car (after many cranks) and my injector light came on and the car is running very rough (although it seems to be getting a little bit better as time goes by).

My question now is, should I let it idle for 15 minutes so it reprograms itself (and eventually/hopefully stabilises the idle and the injector light will go out)? Or is there something I'm missing here?

Please help...

Cheers!
There is a thread on the forum on how to reset the ecu , i would do that and then take it for a drive for the ecu to relearn , town drive and a fast drive . if it then still has problems you will need to hook the engine up to multiecuscan and see what errors it has. and take it from there and report back
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 17-06-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

2000 156 3.0 v6

Thanks Mirlock.

I actually hooked it up to my pc and it showed an error on injector #2, so I rechecked the connection and after a little click, the light went out and the engine was smooth as a baby's butt!

I have unleashed the full 220(ish) bhp from my engine finally!

Thanks for all your support!

maxiboy wales and mirlock like this.
AO Gold Member

County: Down in the Park
I doubt the caris any faster now. Only around 240 bhp are the injectors a possible limit.

I did 164 bhp in my 155 with 4 injectors of the same size...

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
feed , fuel , line , question

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page