156 1.9 16V & 156 2.4 10V remap question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 20-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

156 '04 1.9 16V

Unhappy 156 1.9 16V & 156 2.4 10V remap question

Dear friends! Firstly I read many interesting build in this site and got a spirit for more power. Summer i will put a GTB2056 on my 1.9 16V 140HP with FMIC. The exhaust is already empty, only empty pipe from the turbo. The 2056 with a good remap how many bhp will get? I seen many cars here with 2.4jtdm turbo and gain 250hp. This is real? Secondly couple of years ago learn remap from my friend and i remapped my car and my father 2.4 10V 150HP. The result is not bad but not enough for myself maybe from not enough experience. One week ago sent my and my father car original files for ecufiles.com for stage 2 tuning files. We get back in 20-30minutes. Okay maybe this guys already tuned this files for other customers and only sent back. No problem. I upload files for these cars and the result is little bit better but only really little bit and the file name end is "stage1" I complain with ecufiles but not response. Im idiot payd and doesnt matter anymore... Anybody who really experienced check this files for me? If needed i pay again for check. Ecufiles is promises for cars both 185-190hp.
I don't know how upload here.
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

Well upload the files somewhere and we will take a look...
(Post Link) post #3 of 10 Old 20-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 '04 1.9 16V

AO Silver Member

1.9 has very high fuel injection (80mm3 from 1800-4200rpm), duration maps increased by 15% on top of that, quite high boost for stock turbo. AFR is set very low, so this should smoke quite a bit. Also I would expect a bit of flywheel judder at low revs since injection is so high.
SOI and fuel pressure are not optimal...
All in all very aggressive map... not safe in my oppinion for a stock car

2.4 is just "percent tuning". 10% increased injection duration, 4% higher boost everywhere, 25% higher torque limiter from 1000-4200rpm, 5% higher fuel pressure. Stock SOI, AFR set to 13.5:1... In other words, bull**** tuning.
I guess perfromance wise should be quite OK, but with quite a bit of smoke, and it could be done better/safer...
(Post Link) post #5 of 10 Old 20-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 '04 1.9 16V

Thanks for the amazingly getailed overall. If i try to fix the remap later can you check the fixed remaps for me? Btw do you have map pack for edc16c8 and for 2.4 15c... dont remeber well what type is. I want to use winols but only partial find every needed map, i have one for this but not functionally well and with ecm titanium i think do it worse than now. I'd want for free of corse.
AO Silver Member

So you would really like to learn how to tune cars, but without making too big of an effort.

Its not how that works mate.
Its not easy, and don't expect anyone giving or selling anything useful in this "business".
It is not something that you will master in a month.
If you want to do it yourself, search, read, dig, try, repeat. 95% of information is available online.
It you cannot afford to spend a year of your life doing it, just find someone who will do it for you.
(Post Link) post #7 of 10 Old 21-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 '04 1.9 16V

Yes a would like, half year ago i try to find maps. I find it maps: driver wish, svbl, boost, egr, but when i saved the map with youtube tutorial i can do that but not understand everything and later when i try to find another maps, not succesfully find it sadly. Yes i try to read try but when i ask question in another forums who can do remap everybody answer is only that i have to send it x euro and do it for me. No anybody who sometimes help me in important question. Yes i know try to find on internet. Yes but sometimes no any information on internet. Anyway thanks a lot Tribesman!
AO Member

pretty sure there are some very good and informative posts on this forum ive come across for mapping information (i think tribesman actually started one of em) just do a search poweredbyjtd I bet alot of questions you've got might already of been discussed
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 23-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 '04 1.9 16V

Quote:
Originally Posted by TribesMan View Post
So you would really like to learn how to tune cars, but without making too big of an effort.

Its not how that works mate.
Its not easy, and don't expect anyone giving or selling anything useful in this "business".
It is not something that you will master in a month.
If you want to do it yourself, search, read, dig, try, repeat. 95% of information is available online.
It you cannot afford to spend a year of your life doing it, just find someone who will do it for you.
You have a true im lazy. But your words is inspiring for myself and in last 2days i do it my map pack. Can you check it out? Factors? etc. Fine is everything? And the torque limiter... i cant find it. Anything that is important missing? Thank you!

https://mega.nz/#!qMBWjLCJ!GNkDOF4UB...oeRB5OOgEDSLnA
(Post Link) post #10 of 10 Old 23-01-17 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 '04 1.9 16V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson2001 View Post
pretty sure there are some very good and informative posts on this forum ive come across for mapping information (i think tribesman actually started one of em) just do a search poweredbyjtd I bet alot of questions you've got might already of been discussed
Yes. With many many search maybe im on way Thank you!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
10v , 156 , 16v , question , remap

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page