Z19DTR and relatives - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Tuning & Upgrades Discuss performance enhancements for your Alfa Romeo

1Likes
  • 1 Post By crossshot

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 25-09-16 Thread Starter

County: -
Z19DTR and relatives

Hello Guys,

i am trying to source a new Engine for my Delta, lancia engine code is 844A1000 - however it seems that the same engine - albeit with slightly reduced output - is alsow found in the
Saab TTiD - called Z19DTR and in the Cadillac BLS. Can anyone confirm if those to engines are identical?

Would a Z19DTR run in a Delta 844 with the Delta ECU?

i realy hope you guys can help me out.
best regards

EDIT:
and what about the newer 2.0 liter engines - A20DTH do they share the same head? can one use an A20DTH with the Z19DTR ECU and Turbocharger?

EDIT 2: i don't know if this is the correct place for the question - maybe it should belong to the engine section? Mods feel free to move it where it fits best.

Last edited by BlackSheepTM; 25-09-16 at 13:52.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Bayern
Ich antworte dir jetzt schnell auf deutsch, das geht schneller...

Lt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JTD_en....0_Multijet_II wurden die Motoren in den von dir genannten Modellen verbaut.

Nehme ich aber jetzt den 88kW/120PS 8V als Beispiel, dann kann man gut abschätzen wo die Reise vermutlich hingeht. Der Block mit Kopf, Kurbelwelle, Nockenwelle, Kolben wird vermutlich bei allen gleich sein, aber die Anbauteile werden sich unterscheiden. Der 120PS von Opel hat im Vergleich zum Fiat z.B. ein anderes AGR, andere Ansaugung, andere Unterdruckpumpe, anderen Lader usw.

D.h. selbst wenn der Block gleich ist, wirst du nicht drum herumkommen, alles haargenau zu vergleichen. Plug & Play wird vermutlich nichts sein. Vergleich doch mal Bilder von Motorräumen mit den verschiedenen Motoren. Keine Ahnung ob es von Opel und Saab einen brauchbaren Ersatzteilekatalog gibt. Zugang zu meinem ePer kann ich dir bei Bedarf gerne geben.
AO Member

County: West Midlands
Garage
What has failed on your engine, it maybe easier to find parts - block, cylinder head, etc, that are shared between the engines and use all the still working parts of yours to rebuild a new one? You would hope the differences between the Saab/Cadillac engine and Lancia would be software and possibly different turbo/bigger intercooler.
AO Member

County: Bayern
https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/tunin...l#post15221193

Quote:
anyway - it turned out the Problem has not been the Turbo at first hand but a faulty injector causing piston number 3 to melt and debris hitting the turbine wheel caused the bearing of the small turbine to fail....

i now need a new Engine and at least one new Injector.
A_Venables likes this.
AO Silver Member

County: Johannesburg
Have you considered the same engine from a 147 JTD or a Fiat Bravo? Apparently there are some differences between the GM (Cadillac/Saab) version and the Fiat version (Alfa/Fiat/Lancia) Is the Lancia 844A1000 engine the 88kw,110kw or 125kw JTD engine or is it one of the newer twin turbo motors?
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 26-09-16 Thread Starter

County: -
the Z19DTR - or Lancia 844A100 is the 140KW TwinTurbo Diesel not found in any other Fiat/Alfa application, compared to the 16V Multijet (Z19DTH) its got uprated internals..... i know the "old" engines are durable as hell but i doubt they would fit to the wiring required to the delta and as this has to be installed by a stock OEM dealership i'd like to keep complications as small as possible.

@Crosshot

If the auxiliary components are the only difference it would at least be possible to fit, as all the OEM Parts are still in the car so - it would be possible to swap them over,
alsow at least the Turbocharger from the Saab TTiD is identical to the Delta 844 (apart from an EGT Probe in Delta version). The intake system on the Saab looks verry much the same as it does on the Delta - alsow all cars use the GM F40 ****box, so... on first glance it could work...

- i guess no one has see those two engines next to each-other?
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 1723
County: Drenthe
the 2.0 is quite a lot diffrent to the 1.9 , thats for sure.
So that would be a no go.
Where is the oil filter on the twin turbo? On the front like the 147/156/gt or on the back like the 159/croma?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Tuning & Upgrades

Tags
relatives , z19dtr

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page