AOC E2250SWNK LED Monitor. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 12-11-14 Thread Starter
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

AOC E2250SWNK LED Monitor.

Just got one of these, slightly used, to go with my new ( to me ) PC. Very disappointed with it.

Spent hours trying to get the colour/contrast/brightness right without really getting the display much better. Unless you sit directly in front of it, here on AO the Grey Skin has a greenish tinge, unless as I said, you are really directly front and level with it. Yes, I've wasted hours on the Gamma adjustments, wasted in two ways, 1. Not much improvement & 2. after being switched off overnight the display reverts to whatever it wants ?????

When set on Clear Text, using Win 7, reading text on most sites gives me a headache.

And the Aspect Ratio is crud. On widescreen everything is severely stretched horizontally, bit better but still not right on 4:3., horrible display.

Anyone any suggestions before I fine tune it with a lump hammer ?

Have you seen the Lincolnshire Lounge ? Don't stay off the radar, come on in and have a look !

Next Event - TBA

Look Here ! - TBA

email: [email protected]

Old radar men never die - their echoes just fade away in accordance with the inverse fourth power law.

Last edited by Nige005; 12-11-14 at 09:59.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Platinum Member

County: Riviera
What connection are you using?

If VGA is it plugged in tightly?
AO Member

County: Staffordshire
Garage

Member car:

159 JTDm Lusso

To set up a monitor get one of these Spyder Colorimeters For Monitor Display Calibration and Software - Datacolor Imaging Solutions

Mine cost me about 70 (older version) a couple of years ago. Takes about 10 minutes every month and gives consistent results
(Post Link) post #4 of 5 Old 13-11-14 Thread Starter
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Thanks guys.

Using VGA connection, all OK. I'm sure there is no fault as such, it's just a poor display. There are so many possible adjustments for the colour and it depends on what mode you set it to, such as " Internet," " Games " etc etc but none of them look very good to me. Besides that I don't want to spend time every time I switch it on to set the darn thing up.

I've used colour set up devices in a previous life whilst working in a TV Studio environment and I agree that they work very well, but I don't really want to have to do this, especially on a Monitor that cost me less than 40. ( I think I now know why it was so cheap. )

I could perhaps spent some time setting up the Luminance and Chrominance to get an acceptable display but what I can't live with is the Aspect Ratio distortion and I'm stuck at what to do with this. Downloaded a new set of Drivers which made no difference at all. Could be looking at binning this and trying another Monitor but it won't be a LED one, if this one is typical of how they perform.

Perhaps I could stretch my eyes horizontally to match the display..... ?
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 14-11-14 Thread Starter
Regional Support
For Lincolnshire - AOL

Solved the Aspect Ratio problem by up dating the Graphics Card drivers, looks OK now.

Set up the Monitor, again, and the chroma is OK now but still needs a very direct straight view to make them look 100% correct.

It'll do.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
aoc , e2250swnk , led , monitor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page