Microsoft Office reseller - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

 
Thread Tools
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 11-11-14 Thread Starter
spx
Status: -
AO Member
 
spx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Lanarkshire
Posts: 418
Microsoft Office reseller

Has anyone had any experience of the Microsoft Partner program?

Looking at wholesale Office keys for reselling but very limited info about costs/scale required for joining.
spx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: T-5 Days to Unicorn Paradise
AO Platinum Member
 
TheGrimJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: France
County: Riviera
Posts: 38,319
Have access to HUP from work:

No idea what it costs to set up but I assume
you have to be a fairly large MS customer...



Microsoft Home Use Program - Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2013. Het softwarepakket bevat Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Publisher, Access en meer!
TheGrimJeeper is offline  
Status: Meh....
AO Platinum Member
 
Verbout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 12,328
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

I have had access to the Microsoft HUP for several years via the wifes workplace.

The last time I used it I think we paid something like 10 for Office professional, sometime last year.
Verbout is offline  
Status: Meh....
AO Platinum Member
 
Verbout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: United Kingdom
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 12,328
Garage

Member car:

Lexus

I tell a lie. Just found the receipt in my e-mails.

I paid 8.95.
Verbout is offline  
Status: Broken again...
AO Platinum Member
 
GhostyDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Side O The Pennines
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 25,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by spx View Post
Has anyone had any experience of the Microsoft Partner program?

Looking at wholesale Office keys for reselling but very limited info about costs/scale required for joining.
Yes, I was a MAPS partner for Office365 and ISV Empower, essentially you tesell office365 and cream a little profit for every subscription kept alive, you have to be shifting serious numbers to make it worthwhile or be reselling the enterprise products at a premium, you might want to sell it to small businesses and upsell your own management and support of the platform on the back of it, it's pretty low maintenance, I run enterprise tenants in asia and european regions now where I work.

You get some decent benefits out of the partner programme as well, loads of free licencing as long as you maintain your programme, this used to be by sitting mini online exams in your chosen partner disciplines to show you had inhouse knowledge. Higher partner programmes had certification path requirements.

Things might have changed since I was a partner less than two years ago though, you know what Microsoft are like, they've just retired enterprise select agreements in favour of something else probably just as bewildering.

Nero Fuoco 147 Lusso - Bianco Nuvola 147 GTA - Carbonio Brera SV - Azzurro Le Mans GT 1600 Junior
GhostyDog is offline  
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 13-11-14 Thread Starter
spx
Status: -
AO Member
 
spx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: United Kingdom
County: North Lanarkshire
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
Yes, I was a MAPS partner for Office365 and ISV Empower, essentially you tesell office365 and cream a little profit for every subscription kept alive, you have to be shifting serious numbers to make it worthwhile or be reselling the enterprise products at a premium, you might want to sell it to small businesses and upsell your own management and support of the platform on the back of it, it's pretty low maintenance, I run enterprise tenants in asia and european regions now where I work.

You get some decent benefits out of the partner programme as well, loads of free licencing as long as you maintain your programme, this used to be by sitting mini online exams in your chosen partner disciplines to show you had inhouse knowledge. Higher partner programmes had certification path requirements.

Things might have changed since I was a partner less than two years ago though, you know what Microsoft are like, they've just retired enterprise select agreements in favour of something else probably just as bewildering.
Thanks, was thinking more along the lines off office 2013 and windows licencing for small businesses but the information is limited. Do you have to register / still the product knowledge tests to see wholesale pricing?

It's beginning to seem not worth the effort unless you can move serious numbers.
spx is offline  
Status: Broken again...
AO Platinum Member
 
GhostyDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Right Side O The Pennines
County: West Yorkshire
Posts: 25,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by spx View Post
Thanks, was thinking more along the lines off office 2013 and windows licencing for small businesses but the information is limited. Do you have to register / still the product knowledge tests to see wholesale pricing?

It's beginning to seem not worth the effort unless you can move serious numbers.
I don't know, registering your intention doesn't cost anything (or didn't until you took a plan like MAPS Design and Development), and if anything (if rules are still the same) you can use the Partner logo for a bit of brand kudos.

We work with a small ISV, they don;t do licensing because they aren't competitive and they sell 100K storage arrays and virtualised environments, servers, etc.
GhostyDog is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
microsoft , office , reseller

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome