Battery replacement ipad2. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

Durty dog

Battery replacement ipad2.

My ipad2 battery is starting to discharge quicker than normal. Has anyone ever changed a battery in one of these before? I have done my ipod classic with no problems and was wondering if the ipad would be with the same tools and technique.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Giulia 2.0

A guide can be found using the link below. You can also do it through Apple which is about £80 plus P&P.

iPad 2 GSM Battery Replacement - iFixit
Durty dog

Cheers

Looks like something i could do, i have the tools so £80 saved.

AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
Garage
Its very rare for them to fail.
I've only had a few customers with failed batteries and they haven't gone ahead with the replacement when I told them the price.

The iPad 2 is the worst to open as there are ribbon cables for the power, volume and hall sensors running underneath the digitizer. Normally when you open an ipad it is due to it being smashed and you can pick away the glass around the delicate area's.

To take the glass digitizer off intact is a mare and the cables and wifi\3g antenna can easily be ripped.

You will need to get the apple metal separator tool and a set of plastic pry tools (look like chop sticks which taper to a point). This will make your life easier.

Working on an ipad is like brain surgery as there is always power going to all of the parts. You have to take it to bits before you can disconnect the battery packs underneith the lcd!

there is a pic of an ipad 2 in bits on my website that I have taken if you can use it for reference

UKSL Laptops Ltd - Apple iPad Repair Derby

2002 156 Selespeed Sportwagon|Koni FSD Dampers|Eibach Pro Springs|Fully Powerflexed Front & Rear|Eibach Sports Stabiliser ARB's|Lightweight Flywheel|Lighweight Crank Pulley|Colombo & Bariani Cams|Ported by Peak Alfa|Custom Remap by Gus|Wiechers Aluminium Strut Brace|GTA Uprights & Brembo 330mm Conversion|276mm GTA Rear's|GTA Steering Rack |Custom K&N Intake Pipe & Induction|Brand new Gearbox/Actuator|Quaife LSD|CF2 Decat Manifolds|Supersprint Centre Section|CSC Duplex Exhaust|GTA Interior
AO Silver Member

County: Derbyshire
CSR doing it yourself is no easy job, it's very precise stuff.

I've done loads of iPhone screens and lock/home buttons etc but wouldn't want to take apart an iPad. Different kettle of fish altogether.
Durty dog

Thanks for the advice guys, i think i will give it to apple its only £80 and cheaper than £350 for a new one. I have been monitoring the battery usage and it is discharging quicker than normal.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
battery , ipad2 , replacement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page