samsung galaxy tab 3 - no smileys! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
samsung galaxy tab 3 - no smileys!

My new samsung galaxy tab 3 will only display half of the ao smileys from the drop down box! Any suggestions please and not any to put the tab in the bin lol
 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Status: T-5 Days to Unicorn Paradise
AO Platinum Member
 
TheGrimJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: France
County: Riviera
Posts: 38,319
Which browser?

From the Quick Reply box you can scroll them on the stock
Android browser:

to
TheGrimJeeper is offline  
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I was using the stock google android browser, really struggling with it today, the keyboard has gone from ok yesterday to horrendous, ipad is back out the moment till i have to hand it back.
 
Status: Breraless :(
AO Platinum Member
 
Squadrone Rosso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: United Kingdom
County: Neath Port Talbot
Posts: 30,126
Should have bought that iPad

Squadrone Rosso is offline  
Status: off down the shed.
AO Gold Member
 
alfacool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England.
County: Durham
Posts: 6,324
Ipads are great.
alfacool is offline  
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squadrone Rosso View Post
Should have bought that iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacool View Post
Ipads are great.

You're both right, 200 gone for a toss
 
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Do you think i could take it back?
 
Status: off down the shed.
AO Gold Member
 
alfacool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England.
County: Durham
Posts: 6,324
I was being tongue in cheek.
Dont think you can take it back unless faulty due to data being stored on your tablet, priversy and what not.
alfacool is offline  
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfacool View Post
I was being tongue in cheek.
Dont think you can take it back unless faulty due to data being stored on your tablet, priversy and what not.

What if i microwave it then take it back?
 
daveb257
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
To help with your (substandard ) purchase there will be some app available that will amend your keyboard to include emoticons

Hopefully


Sent from my iPad 😄😃😀😊☺️😉😍😛😜😜😙😗😚😘😳😁😔😌😒😞😣


.
 
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb257 View Post
To help with your (substandard ) purchase there will be some app available that will amend your keyboard to include emoticons

Hopefully


Sent from my iPad 😄😃😀😊☺️😉😍😛😜😜😙😗😚😘😳😁😔😌😒😞😣


.
Dont think the app is out yet?

Also sent from my ipad 😄 😊 😉 😚 😄 😂 😝 😛 😁 😱 😈 👳 😷 👷 💂
 
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,593
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR dog View Post
My new samsung galaxy tab 3 will only display half of the ao smileys from the drop down box! Any suggestions please and not any to put the tab in the bin

Can you not scroll down in the drop down box ?

Alternatively if you can't do that you could always type in the smilie code


Ps I fixed your smilie in the OP


* *
David P is offline  
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Can you not scroll down in the drop down box ?

Alternatively if you can't do that you could always type in the smilie code


Ps I fixed your smilie in the OP


* *
The drop down box only shows half of the smileys 😡

Why you're so kind Dp 👍

Here as i know you like kitteh 😺
 
Status: -
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 57,288
I was gonna say the same as fungus :raz:

All smilies typed on my yarvik tablet
Happy Man is offline  
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Man View Post
I was gonna say the same as fungus :raz:

All smilies typed on my yarvik tablet
How does that work then?
 
Status: T-5 Days to Unicorn Paradise
AO Platinum Member
 
TheGrimJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: France
County: Riviera
Posts: 38,319
If you want to take it back, just factory reset it, re-box it and take it back.
TheGrimJeeper is offline  
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,593
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR dog View Post
How does that work then?

Add a --> : <-- in front of all the following to convert to text CSR

cheese:
lol:
)
p
cool:
rolleyes:
cry:
eek:
mad:
confused:
rant:
tut:
o
(
wow:
thumbs:
D
vomit:
inlove:
David P is offline  
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata4Now View Post
If you want to take it back, just factory reset it, re-box it and take it back.
Do you think they will accept it though?
 
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Just read pc worlds t&c's, box has to be unopened
 
Status: T-5 Days to Unicorn Paradise
AO Platinum Member
 
TheGrimJeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: France
County: Riviera
Posts: 38,319
It shouldn'ft seem "slow".


Put an "Active App" widget on a home screen to check
what is running and use it to "End" anything you're not using.
Also use it to clear/free-up memory.


Can also check the battery use (Settings->More->Battery) to see what apps may be running in the background.

Turn off any syncing etc.

Download a different keyboard app to one you prefer
like Swype.

It shouldn't be all that bad.
TheGrimJeeper is offline  
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tata4Now View Post
It shouldn'ft seem "slow".


Put an "Active App" widget on a home screen to check
what is running and use it to "End" anything you're not using.
Also use it to clear/free-up memory.


Can also check the battery use (Settings->More->Battery) to see what apps may be running in the background.

Turn off any syncing etc.

Download a different keyboard app to one you prefer
like Swype.

It shouldn't be all that bad.
I will try the swype keyboard, cheers

Maybe its because I've come from an ipad with a larger screen and keyboard?
 
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Cheers Dp, bit longwinded, i have the ipad on for now till i need to hand it back ��
 
Durty dog
Status: - Update
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
What in blazes is going on, now my ipad is even doing funky smileys
 
Status: BORED
 
David P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ireland
County: Cork
Posts: 85,593
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR dog View Post
Cheers Dp, bit longwinded ...

Not really, I type 100% of smilies when on mobile devices & type many of them even if I'm on the PC, try it you might find it's as fast or faster than clicking on them in some cases.

All the standard ones are fairly short anyway & your custom smilies can be as short as you like




Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR dog View Post
, i have the ipad on for now till i need to hand it back

iProduct smile removed :BARREL:

:EVIL:
David P is offline  
Status: -
Unregistered
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: Lancashire
Posts: 57,288
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSR dog View Post
Cheers Dp, bit longwinded, i have the ipad on for now till i need to hand it back ��
VVV What Fungus said VVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
Not really, I type 100% of smilies when on mobile devices & type many of them even if I'm on the PC, try it you might find it's as fast or faster than clicking on them in some cases.

All the standard ones are fairly short anyway & your custom smilies can be as short as you like







iProduct smile removed :BARREL:

:EVIL:
:boom: :spook: :boom: :zip: :boom: :spook: :boom:

100% typed
Happy Man is offline  
Reply

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
galaxy , samsung , smileys , tab

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome