Bought the little gadget last week. Use it with my Nexus 5 Phone, Nexus 7 Tablet and from my desktop computer.
All looking great so far. Things I use it for:-
* Casting Netflix from my device to TV. Very easy and no buffering. Over a 8 Mpbs connection.
* Stream MP4 movies direct to the TV. Very easy and no buffering.
* If using file format other than MP4 i.e. AVI, upload it to RealPlayer Cloud and stream from there. Based on UK upload speeds this can be a pain if its a large file but once uploaded it casts to device perfectly. Let me know if you plan to open a free realplayer account, I will refer you and we both will get 1GB extra storage (2GB comes as standard).
* Mirror Chrome Desktop browser from PC. Includes all video sites.
* If you are a "Tasker" app user then I suggest giving "Autocast" plugin a go. It is more powerful and allows you to cast slideshows of your pictures with your music in background. It can also cast any website simply from a voice command (if used with Autovoice plugin). You can also transform the Chromecast homescreen to show different elements.
* Just heard BT Sport app now supports casting.
* Chromecast is an open source device so we will see more and more apps opening up to the service in due course.
If anyone else has some more usages - please let me know.
Last edited by iku04108; 08-04-14 at 08:18.