New fruit phone. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

Spacecadet

New fruit phone.

Right then, I have a fruit phone 4s. The contract comes up for renewal at the beginning of November.

Can anyone here with a techy brain suggest whether the new 5s or indeed the new 5c will do anything better than my trusty 4s?

I gather that a software update will bring iOS 7 to my fruit. Therefore, will there be any point other than a slightly larger screen. A slightly lower weight and a hotter processor?

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Mito 1.6jtd

Even the fruit 5 is a vast improvement over the 4. So the other variants Must be worth a bash.... When I go back to my old 4 I think something is wrong as it is so slow iN comparison to the 5.... Don't jump ship, stick with the fruit!! I have been to the dark side and promptly returned

[color=gray]Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color]
AO Silver Member

County: Greater Manchester

Member car:

Giulia 2.0

If you don't upgrade, then if I were you I would change your phone contract to a cheaper sim only contract in november until you decide to upgrade. 4s's are now the budget phones in the range and so will be supported for a few years yet.

I've a 4 at the moment and will probably upgrade to a 5c. I only upgrade if there are new features on the new ones worth having or in my present case, the battery is holding less charge. My current contract is a month to month sim only deal. I don't upgrade every time a 2 year contract is over.

It looks like the 5c is a 5 in a cheaper plastic case whereas the 5s is much faster with a finger print reader for ease of access.
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
I have a 3GS, now over 4 years old and still happy with it though it is slow and a few things don't work right anymore (like the home button).

One thing I don't understand is the meagre price difference between the 5S and 5C ($100). I thought the 5C was supposed to be truly a low cost iPhone.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

BF - Have you got one of those compressed air cans for cleaning out computers and keyboards and the like? If not, you can buy them for a couple of quid.

You may find that giving a good few blasts of that into the charger socket, and into and around the home button (while pressing and releasing it) will get the button working again.
Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Oh, and I think the price difference is like that because the 5c only exists to try to convince people to buy the 5s.
Global Mod Team

County: Tokyo
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazza View Post
BF - Have you got one of those compressed air cans for cleaning out computers and keyboards and the like? If not, you can buy them for a couple of quid.

You may find that giving a good few blasts of that into the charger socket, and into and around the home button (while pressing and releasing it) will get the button working again.
Nice tip, will try it out
Thanks

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
fruit , phone

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page