Anyone ordered a Nexus 4 from Google? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 14-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Warwickshire
Anyone ordered a Nexus 4 from Google?

I was about to order one but it appears on the face of it that the charger, lead and headphones etc are all charged extra which adds up to another 40. That makes it 319 plus shipping which they don't tell you the shipping charge till you've paid for it. I could have a Galaxy S3 for 340. So I'm stopped in my tracks.
Anyone else done it before?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfafamily View Post
I was about to order one but it appears on the face of it that the charger, lead and headphones etc are all charged extra which adds up to another 40. That makes it 319 plus shipping which they don't tell you the shipping charge till you've paid for it. I could have a Galaxy S3 for 340. So I'm stopped in my tracks.
Anyone else done it before?
That's odd. I bought my nexus 4 on launch and it was boxed with all the usuals except headphones. No idea why you would pay for a charger when it should be included.

Had a quick look. Scroll to the bottom of the n4 page. It says what's in the box. Only thing you might want to include is the bumper case or headphones
(Post Link) post #3 of 6 Old 14-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM3CFC View Post
That's odd. I bought my nexus 4 on launch and it was boxed with all the usuals except headphones. No idea why you would pay for a charger when it should be included.

Had a quick look. Scroll to the bottom of the n4 page. It says what's in the box. Only thing you might want to include is the bumper case or headphones
Thanks, what a nob I am. But why do they have them listed higher up the page with prices I wonder. Any clue on the shipping charge within UK. Not being tight just curious.
Oh and is the phone as good as they say
AO Silver Member

the phone is as good as any new phone out now imo. If you dont intend on buying a case, be careful where you put your phone.. It has a habbit of sliding on anything. The black glass is the weak spot of the phone as it can crack around the speaker area. I have the nexus 4 and 10 and for the money I wouldnt have any other phone tbh.
The prices are higher up are probably there to fill the accessories list as they only had the bumper which was out of stock for months.
Shipping was 9.99 and within 2 days
(Post Link) post #5 of 6 Old 15-04-13 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLM3CFC View Post
the phone is as good as any new phone out now imo. If you dont intend on buying a case, be careful where you put your phone.. It has a habbit of sliding on anything. The black glass is the weak spot of the phone as it can crack around the speaker area. I have the nexus 4 and 10 and for the money I wouldnt have any other phone tbh.
The prices are higher up are probably there to fill the accessories list as they only had the bumper which was out of stock for months.
Shipping was 9.99 and within 2 days
Brilliant, thanks for that. I'll go ahead and order. Also checked on e bay for covers and cases etc and there are loads now all at normal prices. I guess there would have be nothing when you got your phone.
AO Silver Member

I have a diztronic hard case. It was the only professional looking case at the time. I would defo recommend it.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
google , nexus , ordered

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page