Blu-ray Films : Second Screen Apps - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 06-12-12 Thread Starter

County: Cork
Garage
Wave Blu-ray Films : Second Screen Apps

Anyone used any of the Second Screen Apps for tablets & mobile devices which are starting to appear for some of the recent Blu-ray film releases ?

I had a play with the "Prometheus" one a few days ago & it's got some nice features, the app can be synced with the film so it shows artwork & storyboards etc at the appropriate time, it also gives you the option to "flick" content & the alternative scenes from the tablet/mobile to the TV to play them (there isn't a branching option when watching the film)

There's also more options including online access & a remote for the Blu-ray player.

Some nice touches but I wouldn't use it on a first viewing of the film.

Some info about the "Prometheus" & "The Dark Knight Rises" apps

Prometheus App.JPG

Prometheus - Weyland Corp Archive Second Screen App

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTunes Preview
The PROMETHEUS Weyland Corp Archive App gives you a definitive look into the universe of director Ridley Scott’s PROMETHEUS.

Sync the App with the PROMETHEUS Blu-ray disc and your connected BD-Live Player for the ultimate Second Screen experience. As you watch the movie, immerse yourself in the world of PROMETHEUS with insightful, in-depth footage and interviews with the cast and crew.

Enter the Archive to view Screen Tests, Motion Galleries, and more to get an insider’s view into the production of film.

Access gallery images directly on your mobile screen including Ridley Scott’s storyboards, mind-blowing conceptual art and behind-the-scenes photos. Flick items to your TV screen to get a closer detailed look at gallery images and other extras.

Enhance your viewing with Live Lookup cast info powered by IMDB, a built-in BD remote control, integrated Social features that let you connect with your fellow PROMETHEUS fans and much more!

Take control of your viewing experience with the PROMETHEUS Weyland Corp Archive App as you begin your journey by unlocking the answers to your deepest PROMETHEUS questions.

The Dark Knight Rises FX HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTunes Preview
THE OFFICIAL APP FROM THE 2012 BLOCKBUSTER HIT ‘THE DARK KNIGHT RISES’

Become one of Gotham’s Most Wanted, put yourself in the Camo Tumbler and add the Tumbler to your own personal video! Share with friends via Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Own THE DARK KNIGHT RISES on Blu-ray Combo Pack on December 4th and sync to the app to get exclusive content!

***FEATURES***
Put the Camo Tumbler in your video
- Shoot your own video and have the Camo Tumbler to drive through it. Share your video with friends!
Photo Opps
- Put yourself in the Camo Tumbler in a photo
- Place yourself in The Dark Knight Rises “RISE” poster
Gotham City’s Most Wanted
- Place the mask from Batman, Bane or Catwoman mask onto your photo and share with friends

Look out for more exclusive content for The Dark Knight Rises through this app coming on December 4th!

***ABOUT THE DARK KNIGHT RISES***
It has been eight years since Batman vanished into the night, turning, in that instant, from hero to fugitive. Assuming the blame for the death of D.A. Harvey Dent, the Dark Knight sacrificed everything for what he and Commissioner Gordon both hoped was the greater good. For a time the lie worked, as criminal activity in Gotham City was crushed under the weight of the anti-crime Dent Act.

But everything will change with the arrival of a cunning cat burglar with a mysterious agenda. Far more dangerous, however, is the emergence of Bane, a masked terrorist whose ruthless plans for Gotham drive Bruce out of his self-imposed exile. But even if he dons the cape and cowl again, Batman may be no match for Bane.

Please confirm your device is compatible. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES FX app is only compatible with 4th generation iPod touch devices, iPhone 4, iPad2 and the New iPad.

What's New in Version 2.2

Now sync your app to your Blu-ray disc and unlock Exclusive Content! Discover the world of Dark Knight through a detailed look at the characters of Gotham City, their weapons, vehicles and gadgets. Learn how legendary director Christopher Nolan created the epic conclusion to the Dark Knight trilogy through interactive scene breakdowns, photo galleries and script excerpts. Flick content from your iPhone or iPad to your big screen to get an even closer look. Buy the Blu-ray Combo Pack and sync your app today!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Rosso Alfa Member

County: Larnaca
Havent tried it :/

Global Mod Team

Member car:

AMG C63 estate

Interesting idea. I find myself spending a lot of time either during or after a film viewing these days on IMDB!
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
nah, its a gimmick
Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

A gimmick now maybe (so is/was 3D, so was HD, so was widescreen) but Second Screen is where the broadcast market is heading - trust me.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobda View Post
A gimmick now maybe (so is/was 3D, so was HD, so was widescreen) but Second Screen is where the broadcast market is heading - trust me.
Not in my house it aint, I'd find it a distraction from getting really absorbed in a good movie. If I want to find out about folk who were in it or about i'll just go on the web afterwards.

HD was never a gimmick, 3D is still a bit of a gimmick, I can't personally see where it adds anything to the viewing experience.
Admin Team

Member car:

Not a GT

Second Screen is going to be biggest for the TV sports market. You'll be able to watch an event live on your TV while using a tablet or phone to view, for example, a camera angle of your choice or live stats, or instant rewind. Think along the lines of being able to watch the F1 and choose to view the on board camera of any of the cars or a live overhead graphic of the location of all cars on track.
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Second Screen is going to be biggest for the TV sports market. You'll be able to watch an event live on your TV while using a tablet or phone to view, for example, a camera angle of your choice or live stats, or instant rewind. Think along the lines of being able to watch the F1 and choose to view the on board camera of any of the cars or a live overhead graphic of the location of all cars on track.
I don't watch sport of any kind, find it dull as ****, doing sport is fun, watching other people do sport is yawntastic.
Admin Team

Member car:

Not a GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostyDog View Post
watching other people do sport is yawntastic.
Watching me do sport is highly amusing.
AO Member

County: Buckinghamshire
That dont seem to want to let me drive an F1 car at 200miles an hour so I will have to continue to watch it :-(

GK
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Watching me do sport is highly amusing.
Have you got a pythonesque running style?
(Post Link) post #12 of 15 Old 13-04-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Wave

Quote:
A gimmick now maybe ...

... but Second Screen is where the broadcast market is heading - trust me.

And so it came to pass, see below :

The "Second Screen" is coming to Syfy on Tuesday for the premier of Defiance at 9pm

Syfy Defiance 1.JPG

Syfy Defiance 2.JPG
rxe
AO Silver Member

County: Berkshire
IMO a gimmick. If this stuff is any good, then they will have to put real effort into the content, and I don't see anyone handing over more money.

If often use a tablet when watching TV, but it normally because I have realised that the missus is watching something dull and I am doing email or shopping...
AO Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rxe View Post
If often use a tablet when watching TV, but it normally because I have realised that the missus is watching something dull and I am doing email or shopping...
+1
(Post Link) post #15 of 15 Old 10-05-13 Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

And BT Sports will be doing the same with MotoGP from 2014 motogp.com · BT Sport to bring MotoGP™ to British audiences from 2014

At the cost of Eurosport losing their excellent coverage & commentary team

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
apps , bluray , films , screen

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page