HD TV Tuner and NAS - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 05-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

159 SW TBi

HD TV Tuner and NAS

I've had my NAS box for a while now (Synology DS211J with 2x2Tb mirrored drives) and I'm looking to expand it's uses beyond central server point and backup for all music, spare video files, pictures and other documents... I have full HD capability and standard Freeview but was wondering if it was worth getting an external HD box or if to wait until the TV is replaced.

Has anyone hooked up a HD TV tuner/PVR to record to a NAS? I don't want to go satellite or cable but don't want to spend too much either (it can have a hard drive but would need to be able to record/playback over a network). Anyone seen one working?

Ideally looking at a max of £100... I did once see a build-your-own tuner kit but turned out to be a bit flaky and they had issues with the HDs so I never got one (first batch ran out) and would consider building one into a case but I'd prefer an off-the-shelf bit of hardware at this point in time.

I ramble so I highlighted the main bits above!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 11-03-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

159 SW TBi

Think I may have found an answer anyway... Apparently Sundtek do a USB HD TV tuner that can be installed on the NAS and controlled from Windows. Costs about £75 I think so need to do a bit more digging then get one. Apparently can be controlled remotely via the web as well which is a nice bonus.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
freeview , nas , network , television , tuner

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page