Plusnet/Madasafish customer service - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The Technology Section A place to discuss technology & gadgets.

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 14-01-12 Thread Starter
AO Platinum Member

County: Greater Manchester
Thumbs Up Plusnet/Madasafish customer service

A short word in praise of the above. Apparently they're the same co now, but separate and share customer service/tech support. I tried contacting the Madasafish support people years ago (been with them 9 years through utter laziness on my part) when I got sick of <500kbps speeds. It went to somewhere in the subcontinent. I struggled to communicate properly. Nothing was done other than being told that was all the speed my line will support and I left it at that. Line checks in between reinforced that view so I never moved and thought it pointless talking to them again until this week.

We've been offline at home since Tuesday and the usual wiggling wires and turning it all off and back on had no effect. I reset the router and got a light but the diagnostics told me it was "outside" rather than here so with heavy heart I phoned and, after a bit of a wait in a queue I got James in ....Sheffield. Well spoken, patient and knowledgeable.

The router had packed up - more or less - so I went and bought a new one at his recommendation. He didn't promise but said if the call loading permitted he'd ring me in the afternoon to check I was sorted and see if they could improve my "pitiful" speed which was now registering below 300kbps. I thought he was being polite but workload would not allow that really, or he'd forget and carry on with his job.

I got it set up but it wouldn't work properly - it all lit up but still wouldn't connect to the 'net. I probably messed up my settings trying various things. I was getting very fed up indeed.

Reluctantly and feeling a bit of a failure as well as a nuisance, I decided to call them again, got Michael, started to explain the story so far and he said "hang on James is next to me, he's trying to call you back like he said he would but you're engaged because you're on the phone to me". I hung up and he called me back

Sod's Law is I had an incorrect password on my new router which he eventually found and resolved after much "not going to plan" kind of dead-ends.

All in all he must have spent over 3 hours in two calls with me and to cap it all he got my line speed improved to 2.5-3Meg which isn't lightning, I know, but is x10 faster than what I've put up with for years.

And as a final bonus I can switch to Plus-net for £6.49 a month saving £8.50 and doubling my download limit.

I feel pretty happy with that service today. It's a really pleasant change.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Jan 2019 New Giulia Veloce Misano Blue
2008-15 New 159Ti experience: overwhelmingly positive. Reliable and fun over nearly 100k.
2015-18 147 1.6TS runaround
6/9/12 - 15 New Mito 135MA Distinctive - 100% reliable 37k
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Nottinghamshire

Member car:

159 SW TBi

I put my parents on PlusNet about 6 months ago and they've had no issues. I've been with Orange since they did a free BB deal and I get unlimited download, speeds upto 10Mb and it costs me £5/month, otherwise I'd seriously consider +net. My old boss used Madasafish but had decent speeds I think.

I've heard mostly good stuff about PlusNet.
AO Platinum Member

County: West Yorkshire
Another good northern ISP is Zen Internet, been with them for years, they are more of a business ISP but do home/teleworker packages, might not be the cheapest but the quality of service is very good, and that's the QOS of the connection, no dropouts... ever
keithyboy

I know quite a few very satisfied plusnet customers near me who had similar issues to you before chaning. We live on a cable street but otherwise I'd be with them.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Misc Lounges > Community Discussions > The Technology Section

Tags
customer , internet , plusnet or madasafish , service

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page