Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: United States
I spent yesterday reading and re-reading gearbox dis-assembly procedures, but the day before (Sunday) I finally:
1. Unbolted the motor mounts from the frame,
2. Jacked up the front of the sump (with a piece of wood on top of the jack),
3. Raised a transmission jack to contact/support the gearbox,
4. Slid the gearbox/clutch housing assembly off the engine,
4. Lowered the gearbox jack,
5. Moved the gearbox off the tranny jack onto a waiting piece of carpet on the floor, and
6. Pulled the carpet (with gearbox aboard) out from under the car on the passenger side.
I was quite proud of myself. Did the whole thing solo and didn't bend/break anything.