Southern Alfa Day, Sunday 24th September - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By anglospider
  • 1 Post By anglospider

(Post Link) post #1 of 10 Old 14-09-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Essex
Southern Alfa Day, Sunday 24th September

Are any of you planning to come over/down/up to Southern Alfa Day next Sunday, 24th?

Its at the Gunpowder Mills in Waltham Abbey, EN9 1JX, easy access from the M25, and its a very interesting venue. Plenty to see, in addition to the cars.

http://www.aroc-uk.com/news/2017/southern-alfa-day-2017

I mention it because I will be one of the marshalls and it would be great to see you there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Landon Tan
Garage
That's near for me if my girlfriend doesn't go into labour I'll be there
AO Member

County: Bristol
Garage
May do, but will depend on weather. Long range forecast looks ok at the moment.
(Post Link) post #4 of 10 Old 19-09-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

some more info....

The Alfa Romeo Owners Club Essex Section are hosting Southern Alfa Day on 24th September at the Royal Gunpowder Mills and would like to welcome all members to this historic site to enjoy the many displays and exhibitions to interest everyone. It is spread over a large area as buildings were separated due to the materials being processed and wildlife now thrives on the site. The many attractions are shown on the Royal Gunpowder Mills website, and include 170 acres of history, the Rocket Vault and the Armoury, just to mention a few. Land Train Tours of the site are available for a small extra cost. And, of course, our cars will be on display.

In the theatre, Ken Carrington will present his illustrated 'History of Alfa Romeo' during the day.

We will have our own entrance to the site, opening at 09.30 hrs, and recommend that members use the Club's online ticket facility, as at the gate we can only accept pre-paid tickets or cash. We will not be able to process credit/debit card payments. Please print off the pre-paid tickets for collection at the gate and, if you're paying on the day, have your membership card available, especially if you are not in an Alfa. Advance tickets for members ar just 8 per adult and 6 per child (5-15 yrs). Non members advance and all tickets (members/non members) on the gate prices are 10 per adult and 7 per child.

Also the gate will not be manned after 14.30 hrs and anyone arriving after this time will have to use the public car park and pedestrian entrance, but to be able to see the attractions at the Mills, an early arrival is recommended, last entry 15:00 hrs.

Unfortunately dogs are not permitted on the site due to the wildlife living there, except registered Assist Dogs.

There is easy access from the M25, junction 26. Take the A121 to Waltham Abbey, and at the cross roads and traffic lights by McDonalds, go straight on to Beaulieu Drive. The Royal Gunpowder Mills is at the end of the drive.

Tickets are available from the homepage or by calling Club manager Nick Wright on 07753 857029 to order over the 'phone.

Nick
Red Spider S4 LHD manual 1990, Silver 916 V6 Spider, Suzuki T20 Super Six
AO Silver Member

County: Gloucestershire
Love to but am doing a 21 mile sponsored walk instead.... which I would much rather do....not
(Post Link) post #6 of 10 Old 21-09-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Shame we won't see you there, good luck with the walk! Thats about 20 miles further than my usual maximum on foot..
Joe90GT likes this.
AO COTY Winner 2018
Membro Premio

County: -
Will this be more than a bunch of Alfas parked in a nice field ?

Just weighing this up vs as spirited pistonheads drive across east anglia.
AO Member

Member car:

Spider S4 2.0l

I'd have liked to come as this event is only 20 mins from me (M25 permitting). Unfortunately I have an important sporting event to participate in. OK I'll admit it's the final day of the bowls season and no, you can't really call it sport
(Post Link) post #9 of 10 Old 23-09-17 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Will this be more than a bunch of Alfas parked in a nice field ?
Yes, very much so. I have just been over there helping to set up the gazebos etc.. It really is an interesting place, well worth a visit in its own right never mind the added Alfa attraction.
duemila likes this.
AO Gold Member

County: Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by anglospider View Post
Yes, very much so. I have just been over there helping to set up the gazebos etc.. It really is an interesting place, well worth a visit in its own right never mind the added Alfa attraction.
Not too mention the nice people that you can chat with

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > The Classic Alfa Romeos

Tags
24th , alfa , day , september , southern , sunday

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page