Help! Password reset has all gone abit Pete Tong - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The AO Bug Lounge
Find an image missing? A page you cannot access? Post it here.

11Likes

(Post Link) post #1 of 39 Old 24-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Unhappy Help! Password reset has all gone abit Pete Tong

Hi admin, my real username is ( EauRouge ) but yesterday I came to the site and I had been booted out, tried to log on and im guessing I am using the wrong password?

Attempted to do a password reset and asked that you guys send me a email but alas I can't remember what email eaurouge is registered under? Is my account one of the hijacked ones? Please help me get EauRouge back as I have nearly 8000 posts and had this username since last decade.

Help Please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: East Sussex
Same here, tried password reset however the system isn't accepting either of the 2 emails I would have registered with. How do I get my log in back?

All the best

Pubsinger

County: Cork
Garage
There's probably no point requesting a password reset if you didn't get the original email regarding the security update & the password reset, this is almost certainly due to the fact that the contact email you had provided is no longer valid.

This was posted elsewhere, it may help you or any others reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin_Support
... If you do not receive this email please go to the contact us page and select Other, and type in Security Password Update Issues ...
Here is a link to the "Contact Us" page https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/sendmessage.php
RougeEau likes this.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Quote:
Originally Posted by RougeEau View Post
Hi admin, my real username is ( EauRouge ) but yesterday I came to the site and I had been booted out, tried to log on and im guessing I am using the wrong password?

Attempted to do a password reset and asked that you guys send me a email but alas I can't remember what email eaurouge is registered under? Is my account one of the hijacked ones? Please help me get EauRouge back as I have nearly 8000 posts and had this username since last decade.

Help Please!
Hello Mr Rouge-Eau.......We have had some brilliant banter over the Years, but I am having the same trouble as you nowdays on this site, and TBH, its just not worth the hassle nowdays, so below is my latest comment, which hasn't gone down too well.......Hope you are O.K. mate, and your Crystal Ball is still working properly.......Mr Roy.....

I absolutely HATE this new site, they seem to be going out of their way, to discourage people to come and use it nowdays. Took me AGES to log in today ( AGAIN ) and I have been issued with a new password too, by some ****ing Administrator..................WHY..........What was wrong with my previous one........Rant Over......and I really think my patience has finally run out with this once brilliant site.......No wonder its as dead as a DoDo in here now.......
RougeEau likes this.
Global Mod Team

County: Suffolk
If it's any consolation I had exactly the same problem - the email address on my account was no longer valid so I did not receive the email concerning the password change.

I did as some of you have done and became a newbie (PaulRlost) took David's advice and contacted Admin. I was up and running within 24 hours. Tedious I know but quite straightforward.

You don't have to be registered to use the link but you do need to tell them your user name and email address you want to be linked with it. They will then add the email address to your profile and send the new password to that address.

The password change was a security issue. Here is the message from Verticalscop (site owners) about it:-

"Verticalscope.com
Notice of Data Breach

You may have heard reports recently about a security issue involving VerticalScope. We would like to make sure you have the facts about what happened, what information was involved, and the steps we are taking to help protect you.

What Happened?

On June 13, 2016, we became aware that February 2016 data stolen from VerticalScope was being made available online.

What Information Was Involved?

Community member usernames, email addresses, hashed passwords, community userIDS, community website, and the IP address the username originally registered with.

What We Are Doing

We are in the process of invalidating passwords of all VerticalScope user accounts. We have posted a site security notification on each site updating users on the potential risk to certain accounts, the password reset and steps we are implementing to improve security. We are in the process of implementing stronger password rules (passwords now require a minimum of 10+ characters and a mixture of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and symbols) along with automated account password expiries to encourage more frequent password changes. We will remind our users to use good password practices (not using the same password for multiple online accounts and using unique strong passwords). We are in the process of implementing additional safeguards to detect, alert and mitigate any future brute force attempts, and have notified our third party vendors that interact with our various forum API's of the February breach to allow their own security teams to investigate. We are continuing our investigation and will be collecting information to provide to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.

VerticalScope is taking steps to strengthen account security. We were already using encrypted passwords and salted hashes to store passwords, and our new password controls are intended to further strengthen user security. We are taking steps to investigate and test new encryption and security technologies to further protect our users.

What You Can Do

To keep your account as safe as possible, we recommend that you regularly change your VerticalScope community password, and that you use a unique password for each of your online accounts. Using the same password for multiple online accounts significantly increases your chances of being compromised. Even though the passwords stolen in February were hashed, we recommend that if you were using (or are currently using) your VerticalScope community password across multiple online accounts, that you change your password for such other online accounts. We encourage you to regularly review your accounts and report any suspicious or unrecognized activity immediately.

For More Information

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Community Management team by email at [email protected] or on the website that you frequent. A support thread has been created on each website, and our support teams are on there to help you through the process and answer any questions you may have."
RougeEau likes this.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders
AO Silver Member

County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

159 2.4 Lusso

Quote:
Originally Posted by David P View Post
There's probably no point requesting a password reset if you didn't get the original email regarding the security update & the password reset, this is almost certainly due to the fact that the contact email you had provided is no longer valid.

This was posted elsewhere, it may help you or any others reading this:

Here is a link to the "Contact Us" page https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/sendmessage.php
I've done this and still haven't had any joy, so i've made anew account.
been bigjim 9 years

Garage
It might take a while to get all accounts sorted, AO isn't the only forum that has had the password reset, there are many others which no doubt also have many members who hadn't kept their email details updated, & it's the weekend which doesn't help
Hopefully all accounts will be sorted out soon though.
(Post Link) post #8 of 39 Old 27-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by n13roy View Post
Hello Mr Rouge-Eau.......We have had some brilliant banter over the Years, but I am having the same trouble as you nowdays on this site, and TBH, its just not worth the hassle nowdays, so below is my latest comment, which hasn't gone down too well.......Hope you are O.K. mate, and your Crystal Ball is still working properly.......Mr Roy.....

I absolutely HATE this new site, they seem to be going out of their way, to discourage people to come and use it nowdays. Took me AGES to log in today ( AGAIN ) and I have been issued with a new password too, by some ****ing Administrator..................WHY..........What was wrong with my previous one........Rant Over......and I really think my patience has finally run out with this once brilliant site.......No wonder its as dead as a DoDo in here now.......
Thanks guys, at least im not special and others have the same problem. Roy, its good to hear you posting but I hope you are just having a bad day, don't worry my Crystal ball tells me Wales are gonna win the European Cup and as you know its never wrong.
F1 is abit tedius and im moving more towards motogp as a result. Hope you are keepin well and will chat more once I get my id back.

Last edited by RougeEau; 27-06-16 at 17:19.
AO Silver Member

County: Papamoa Beach

Member car:

FIAT 500C Abarth

I received an email to say my password had been reset to something horribly long and complicated, but it didn't say why. At least now I know.

I wonder what possible benefit there is in having a long and complicated password apart from making it difficult for legitimate users. How would that have stopped someone stealing names and email addresses?

It's like having multiple deadbolts on the front door, but someone can still throw a brick through the window regardless of how many deadbolt keys there are.

-Alex
(Post Link) post #10 of 39 Old 29-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Followed David's post advice and emailed AO.com three days ago and not a diddly squat has happened apart from my inbox is now full of tumble weed!

Is there anybody oooooouuuuutttt tthheeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeeee?
n13roy likes this.
AO Platinum Member

Member car:

147 JTDm Ti

Hello Mr Rogue.......Now you know why I am ****ed off with this site, I've had this ****e for a while now, so as I've said in my " Having a bad day " comment on here. This once brilliant site is more trouble than the worth of it.......Your Crystal Ball is on target for Wales to win the Euro 2016 at the moment too, lets hope it works again on Friday .....

I also have lost interest in F1 nowdays, and like you follow MoTo GP, BSB Superbikes and World Superbikes nowdays, which are FAR more exciting than the boring F1 Circus is.......
RougeEau likes this.

Garage
Quote:
Followed David's post advice and emailed AO.com three days ago and not a diddly squat has happened apart from my inbox is now full of tumble weed!

Is there anybody oooooouuuuutttt tthheeeeerrrrrrreeeeeeeeee?

I've highlighted this thread to Admin
RougeEau likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
I was once known as braddersR

I 've sent admin an email ... just hope someone is in today
Global Mod Team

Garage
I am on with this folks. Seems to be the same problem PaulR had with registered email addy not being current.
I have PM'm RougeEau and Giulietta2 with offer of solution.
Seems we will have to mop this up for admin.
RougeEau likes this.
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 650
County: Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
I am on with this folks. Seems to be the same problem PaulR had with registered email addy not being current.
I have PM'm RougeEau and Giulietta2 with offer of solution.
Seems we will have to mop this up for admin.
Top bombing fishman
Global Mod Team

Garage
RougeEau, It might be possible that you can't answer the PM.

If you want me to do as I mentioned in the PM, tell me here.
(Post Link) post #17 of 39 Old 30-06-16 Thread Starter
AO Member

Hi Halibut, thanks for sorting this mess. I tried the original email (gmx.co.uk) and I appear to have lost that now as well. I would be very grateful if you could change to the (dede gmail address) please. :-)
Global Mod Team

Garage
Quote:
Hi Halibut, thanks for sorting this mess. I tried the original email (gmx.co.uk) and I appear to have lost that now as well. I would be very grateful if you could change to the (dede gmail address) please. :-)
No worries, glad to be of assistance.
Okay, I have done that, so if you can try again resetting your password, hopefully the email will find it's way to you.
RougeEau likes this.
AO Silver Member

Same here, still waiting to hear anything.

Artisr formerly know as pubsinger
Global Mod Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pubs1nger View Post
Same here, still waiting to hear anything.

Artisr formerly know as pubsinger
Hi there.
I have checked you original and new accounts. I see your original registered email was a .freeserve.co.uk address.
Would you like me to change it to your new address as used on your pubs1nger account so you can get reset password email?
Let me know and I will do.
Cheers,
P
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Hi there.
I have checked you original and new accounts. I see your original registered email was a .freeserve.co.uk address.
Would you like me to change it to your new address as used on your pubs1nger account so you can get reset password email?
Let me know and I will do.
Cheers,
P
Coo blimey, Freeserve, remember that? Yes please, use the address I used for this temp account, you can then delete the pubs1nger account.

All the best

Pub
Global Mod Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pubs1nger View Post
Coo blimey, Freeserve, remember that? Yes please, use the address I used for this temp account, you can then delete the pubs1nger account.

All the best

Pub

Okay, that's all done for you.

If you reset your pubsinger account password, the email will come to the new address.
Let me know if it works.
Global Mod Team

Garage
Quote:
Hi there!
If everything is now sorted, can I ask you to delete your second account?

In fact, can all who have been sorted do this?

Cheers,

P
AO Silver Member

Quote:
Okay, that's all done for you.

If you reset your pubsinger account password, the email will come to the new address.
Let me know if it works.
Yay! I'm back, thanks H.

All the best

Pub
testing

County: Canada
Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

Hey there,

Regarding members deleting their own accounts, they are unable to do so.
I can hop in and merge the accounts for members can keep their current information and the duplicate account will no longer be around.
Let me know if you would like a hand with this, otherwise Mods who have access to the AdminCP will be able to do so themselves.

Richard.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Official AO Problem Discussion Forum > Submit Your Questions / Bugs > The AO Bug Lounge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page