Android 'Enhanced view' == malware - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The AO Bug Lounge
Find an image missing? A page you cannot access? Post it here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 01-04-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Android 'Enhanced view' == malware

I use AO about 50/50 W7 laptop and Android 4.4. phone. There is no problem on the PC.

On Android the @Enhanced Mobile View is still dreadful - forgets login, unresponsive links and navigation, and pop-up ads.

In the past week I've had highly intrusive pop-up ads repeatedly appear, sourced from rdr.harbwire.com. Once on the screen they cannot be dismissed except by closing the browser entirely. The close buttons simply redirect to the ad site. Norton reports no malware. However, the same ads pop up over AO a few minutes later, over and over again.

The only way I was able to get rid of rdr.harbwire.com was by closing the browser and emptying all its data and cache. That got rid of it for a day or two, but then it returned, again when I was browsing AO in Enhanced Mobile mode.

I have tried to make screen captures of this, but the ads block capture, possibly because they use all available cpu. I cannot capture the ad once it's in the foreground.

I turn off enhanced view, and use the ordinary mobile forum view, and sanity is restored. But sooner or later enhanced view springs back to life like a flesh-eating zombie. It is pretty much malware, delivering malware. It is really p*ssing me off.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

testing

County: Canada
Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

would you be able to get us a screen shot and the source code for this? I'm not too sure why this is happening. What browsers are you using and it s this happening on all browsers? we're sorry to hear about this and we'll get this sorted asap.

Lee
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 05-04-16 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Greater London
Garage

Member car:

147 Sport Q2

Thanks, but I was unable to do a screen capture, as mentioned in the OP. The ad pretty much paralyses the phone until the browser is forcibly closed.

The browser was Lastpass (see http://www.lastpass.com) which is derived from Dolphin. I did also try Firefox with the same result. Reports on the web indicate these rdr.hardbwire.com malware ads occur in all Android browsers and appear to be via an adserver used by numerous forums. I don't know what.

I've stopped trying to use Enhanced View, and have not seen the ad again.
testing

County: Canada
Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

Hey there,

I'm glad a solution was founded for this issue.
If you would like, you can try our apps, they may provide a better alternative than using a browser.

autoguide.com app: Free Automotive, Car Mobile App - Apple & Android
Tapatalk app: https://tapatalk.com/download_free_tapatalk.php?id=0

Let us know if there is anything else we can assist with.

Thank you,

Richard.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Official AO Problem Discussion Forum > Submit Your Questions / Bugs > The AO Bug Lounge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page