IMG embedding not allowed - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The AO Bug Lounge
Find an image missing? A page you cannot access? Post it here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 21-03-14 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -

Member car:

Alfa 159 2.4

IMG embedding not allowed

Had some requests to do a DIY for the 159 intake manifold and swirl flap removal, but I've subsequently found that IMG embedding isn't allowed on the forum. This is the first forum i have seem this feature disabled, and frankly makes serially resizing and uploading pictures directly to the site too long a process to create a detailed DIY guide. On other forums i've merely copy and pasted the IMG code direct from my photobucket account, which is so much faster. Is there a good reason for the forum not allowing IMG embedding, and if not, can it be changed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

County: Cork
Garage
IMG tags are enabled but only in the Image Lounges. You could do a thread there & link to it in the Tech Lounge.
AO Member

County: Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by custardpants View Post
Had some requests to do a DIY for the 159 intake manifold and swirl flap removal, but I've subsequently found that IMG embedding isn't allowed on the forum. This is the first forum i have seem this feature disabled, and frankly makes serially resizing and uploading pictures directly to the site too long a process to create a detailed DIY guide. On other forums i've merely copy and pasted the IMG code direct from my photobucket account, which is so much faster. Is there a good reason for the forum not allowing IMG embedding, and if not, can it be changed?
I'd like to echo this - I've come here from other forums and was astonished to find IMG embedding disabled. Why have you done this? I'm about to change the plugs on my 166 V6 and because there was no how-to guide with pictures I was going to do one, but a story without pictures is a sorry thing.

As it has no bandwidth cost to enable IMG code from other sites, why not just turn it on?
testing

County: Canada
Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

I'm discussing with the mods the reasoning behind this however the response suggestion is still apt for the time being. Create the thread with images in the image lounge and link to it in tech. If the decision is made to turn them on we'll move the thread appropriately.

KN Community Support
AO Member

County: Isle of Wight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin_Support View Post
I'm discussing with the mods the reasoning behind this however the response suggestion is still apt for the time being. Create the thread with images in the image lounge and link to it in tech. If the decision is made to turn them on we'll move the thread appropriately.

KN Community Support
I don't understand why you would do it this way?

Do you want to have all images on your server, creating much higher bandwidth charges for the site? If mods spot useful how-tos then these could be transferred on-site as a bank of expertise and knowledge around Alfas.
AO Member

County: Oslo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin_Support View Post

KN Community Support
Any news on this? As far as I can see the reason for turning it off was because of excessive size images: https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-...ml#post3207003

However, forum software automatically resizes images these days.

County: Cork
Garage
Unfortunately pics still aren't always automatically resized on all browsers & platforms.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Official AO Problem Discussion Forum > Submit Your Questions / Bugs > The AO Bug Lounge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page