Repeated Notifications.... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The AO Bug Lounge
Find an image missing? A page you cannot access? Post it here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 18-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

Repeated Notifications....

My email inbox is getting filled with AO topic reply notifications, some i want, some i do not.

sometimes, i get a notification email for every single reply to a thread, even if i haven't revisited that thread since getting a notification...example - i have 4 today from "What do other GTA owners do for a living?" in the GTA lounge, yet i have not read that thread today.

i have been on the forum, but not in that thread. is there a bug that means i will get a notification if i visit the AO site at all, instead of getting a notification for a reply since i last visited a specific thread?

My 156 GTA with Wizrdovoz system Video 1 Video 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Hi, no bug that I am aware of. The notification resets every time you visit the forum rather than the specific thread.

If you feel you're getting too many notifications you can edit your settings here; https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/subscription.php and change to Instant (as soon as there is a reply) Daily (Once a day), or Weekly (once a week). Once you receive a notification email you won't receive any more unless you login to the forum which resets the notification.
(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 19-06-12 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: North Yorkshire

Member car:

Alfa 156 GTA

ah ok, i thought that i would or should get only one notification up until the next time i read the thread that the notification related to....shouldn't that be the case?

i like getting "instant" notification of threads if i happen to be online and following a thread, but don't want endless notifications for threads i'm not reading/following right at that moment...
Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziraphale View Post
ah ok, i thought that i would or should get only one notification up until the next time i read the thread that the notification related to....shouldn't that be the case?
Nope, the notification system only knows when you've logged on last not when you've read a thread (it does say that in the notification email you get). I don't think there's a way of changing it unfortunately.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Official AO Problem Discussion Forum > Submit Your Questions / Bugs > The AO Bug Lounge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page