iPhone runs slow on this forum? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The AO Bug Lounge
Find an image missing? A page you cannot access? Post it here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 15 Old 08-02-12 Thread Starter
Unregistered

Help iPhone runs slow on this forum?

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me why is it, that when I'm on this forum my iPhone 4 runs really slow? On any other forum I go on its fine? It has the speed of a zx spectrum

Regards John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 15 Old 10-02-12 Thread Starter
Unregistered

No answers to this then
Admin Team

County: -

Member car:

Not a GT

Please be patient when asking for help, all of our moderators are volunteers and have lives and jobs away from the forum.

The simple answer - because it's an phone not a PC or Mac. They are inherently different, having less RAM and slower processors to name but a few differences.
The particular reason it may be slow on this forum versus others is because of the higher quality images we use as well as the animated smileys and PHP functions. It also doesn't help that people use large signature images, such as yours, which will take longer to load and render on a phone. I've removed yours now by the way - please stick to the sig image sizes stated in the rules.

I use Tapatalk rather than Safari on my iphone.

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
(Post Link) post #4 of 15 Old 10-02-12 Thread Starter
Unregistered

Well that's me being told then! Must be nice to have all that power at your finger tips
Admin Team

Member car:

Not a GT

It's nice to be able to follow the simple rules, be courteous and thank people for giving up their time FOR FREE to help out.
(Post Link) post #6 of 15 Old 10-02-12 Thread Starter
Unregistered

So your calling me thick now? For starters the photos where linked from photo bucket , I thought the sizes where ok as it lets you click on them to enlarge them if you want a closer look? If there was a problem I would have happerly resized them
AO Gold Member

County: Dorset

Member car:

156 GTA SW

I highly recommend using tapatalk, it gets rid of all the problems people seem to be getting.
Admin Team

Member car:

Not a GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
So your calling me thick now? For starters the photos where linked from photo bucket , I thought the sizes where ok as it lets you click on them to enlarge them if you want a closer look? If there was a problem I would have happerly resized them
No. And I haven't even offered as such so please don't put words in my mouth.

If you read the forum rules, we have limits on filesize and image dimensions allowed in signatures. I'll reset your acceptance of them just to point it out.
Just because the forum resizes the images makes no difference to their actual size, they still have to be loaded.

As I explained in my first reply, this is one of the reasons you are experiencing slow performance on your phone.

And please, stop with the rolling eyes - you're not doing yourself any favours.
(Post Link) post #9 of 15 Old 10-02-12 Thread Starter
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgers_nadgers View Post
I highly recommend using tapatalk, it gets rid of all the problems people seem to be getting.
Great thanks, that's all I wanted to know, a bit of help

Bobda

I can read between the lines and now your threatening me ! As I said before , you love the power , all I was asking for was some help and some answers! No rolling eyes OK
Admin Team

Member car:

Not a GT

Threatening?!? I offer to you that you are reading between the wrong lines.

If you had bothered reading my first reply you will see that I mentioned Tapatalk as a solution for you, but I suspect you might have been too busy wrongly reading between the lines to read the actual text.
(Post Link) post #11 of 15 Old 10-02-12 Thread Starter
Unregistered

All you said was ,you use tapatalk ! Not what the benefits are of using it ! That all I wanted to know.
Global Mod Team

County: Dumfries and Galloway
Garage
I use an iPhone a lot to access the forum and also an iPad. I don't have a problem with it running slowly. However, I am aware that everything takes longer on a phone because it just doesn't have the same capabilities as a computer.

I do use Tapatalk, but often resort to Safari because you can't do everything through Tapatalk - you can't, for example, see IM messages. Opera is an alternative browser to Safari, but I can't say how good it is.

Can I just back Bobda up here and say that as a Mod/Admin Team we are unpaid volunteers who are often sneaking a quick glance at the forum during the working day (as I am here) or fitting in our duties between family life. We are not there at the click of fingers to answer problems. It's extremely unfair to have a go because we are unable answer your question as fast as you think we should!

Johnboy, I think Bobda is right - he was only trying to suggest ways as to why your phone was loading the forum slower than you hoped. You've over-reacted and misinterpreted his help. He never threatened or insulted you. And neither, for the record, am I now

Seen an offensive/spam post? Report it! Click the or button next to the post.
AO Rules - AO Gallery - AO Classified adverts - AO Club - AO Traders
The-Cutest-of-the-BORED No 5 The BORED Collective

147 1.6 Turismo 916 Spider P1 Lusso & Giulietta Lusso 1.6 JTDM

(Post Link) post #13 of 15 Old 10-02-12 Thread Starter
Unregistered

Hi

My problem isn't with it loading , it's typing it's slow ? The forum loads quickly? Maybe I should have made it clearer! I don't exspect mods to be at my beck and call, if you look I did wait two days, which in the simple rules it said at least a day I've got tapatalk now , I just like using the normal forum on my phone! I'll just carry on as I am
Global Mod Team

Garage
Odd that typing would be slow. I think that might be more a phone issue than the forum though. When did you last update the software on your phone?

And it wasn't that you didn't wait johnboy, it was the roll of the eyes when we hadn't replied It's sometimes hard to spot threads in amongst the hundreds that are generated every day. The best thing to do, if you have a problem, is to Contact Us using the link at the top left of your screen. That way you know someone will see the issue.
Global Mod Team

Garage
And making your problem absolutely clear is always helpful

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Official AO Problem Discussion Forum > Submit Your Questions / Bugs > The AO Bug Lounge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page