Offensive Post Icons - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The AO Bug Lounge
Find an image missing? A page you cannot access? Post it here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 01-12-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

County: -
Mooney Offensive Post Icons

May AO please remove the post Icon with a man putting his pants down. This is offensive and AO should take into consideration that children may be present also some people due to religious reasons may find it offensive too.

My 7 year old daughter said to me " Papa, why is that man putting his pants down ? Thats rude !"

According to the AO rules and regulations " We also do not allow posts that are sexual in nature or violate the alfaowner community standards. The AO team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards. "

Thanks

Last edited by twanspider; 01-12-10 at 22:10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Silver Member

County: Northumberland

Member car:

RénoLaGünah

By the same standard, is it reasonable to remove the drinking... smoking and boxing image? After all, some may find those offensive. I would also question whether the icon in question coud be viewed as offensive in a sexual way. Isn't it meant as a "cheeky moon"?

As a car based forum its safe to assume that the majority of users will be of driving age, and therefore not give such tiny icons a 2nd glance.

Just my 2p worth but the AO team are pretty good at keeping things within acceptable lines.
AO Silver Member

County: Northumberland

Member car:

RénoLaGünah

OK. Having looked a bit further I see this has nothing to do with the icon. Feel free to delete my posts as required.
paintergirl

The part of that quoted reference which, forgive me if I'm wrong, I brought to your attention is this:

Quote:
The AO team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
In other words, twanspider, for about the twentieth time, you do not get to decide what is acceptable on AO. This smiley, as you well know, is a million miles away from the avatar whose removal is bugging you.

Get over it.

Closed Thread

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Official AO Problem Discussion Forum > Submit Your Questions / Bugs > The AO Bug Lounge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page