Strange happenings when logging in - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The AO Bug Lounge
Find an image missing? A page you cannot access? Post it here.

2Likes

(Post Link) post #26 of 37 Old 04-07-19 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin_Support View Post
Hello there,

It might be related to the cloudflare, but usually, users will not get this issue if they click the "remember me" box.
Also, note that there is an idle session timeout of 30 minutes.

Ed
It is now the 4th July and everything is still the same. I have been trying to remember to tick the "remember me" box but in fact it makes no difference. As soon as I refresh the first page after logging in everything works ok. It has almost become automatic to refresh but I would prefer that it worked properly.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

testing

County: Canada
Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

Thanks for the update. I'm getting similar behavior reports from a couple other sites in our network. I escalated to the techs.

Kevin
AO Gold Member

County: Buckinghamshire
Seems to be happening with me but only the MiTo forum. If I go to that I'm asked to login repeatedly, but go to a different vehicle (147, 156, GT for example) and I go to that forum and it shows me as logged in.

Trying clearing cache and cookies .. still a problem! (using Firefox .. nothing on earth would get me using Edge!)
testing

Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

We have to clear the cache on my end again. Will put the request in

Kevin

County: -
I'm facing the same issue. When I try to access this site. It asks for the captcha, once I provide the captcha and login into site its automatically log out after 5 to 6 minute what can I do. I'm currently using 4g modem.
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazza82 View Post
Seems to be happening with me but only the MiTo forum. If I go to that I'm asked to login repeatedly, but go to a different vehicle (147, 156, GT for example) and I go to that forum and it shows me as logged in.

Trying clearing cache and cookies .. still a problem! (using Firefox .. nothing on earth would get me using Edge!)

So the two attachments should show the issue I'm struggling with:

if I go directly to the MiTo forum, either through the forum menus or breadcrumbs, I see the default style and I am asked to login

but if I go to any other forums, I see the older style (my preference) and I am already logged in! If I click on a Recent Discussion that happens to be under the MiTo section, I see the older style and am logged in as well!

I'm stumped!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg forum_mito.jpg (107.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg forum_156.jpg (117.2 KB, 2 views)
testing

Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

Hello there,

For starters, can you clear your cache and cookies and click the "Remember Me" box when you log in?
Test it a bit and let us know if it's still happening.

Ed
(Post Link) post #33 of 37 Old 02-08-19 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

County: Lincolnshire
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyGr View Post
It is now the 4th July and everything is still the same. I have been trying to remember to tick the "remember me" box but in fact it makes no difference. As soon as I refresh the first page after logging in everything works ok. It has almost become automatic to refresh but I would prefer that it worked properly.
Update. 2nd August and nothing has changed

Quote:

if I go directly to the MiTo forum, either through the forum menus or breadcrumbs, I see the default style and I am asked to login

but if I go to any other forums, I see the older style (my preference) and I am already logged in! If I click on a Recent Discussion that happens to be under the MiTo section, I see the older style and am logged in as well!

I'm stumped!
My problem exactly except that it happens, for me, with the Giulietta Lounge. Whether it is relevant or not the Giulietta Lounge is the saved favourite which I open AO with

Quote:
Hello there,

For starters, can you clear your cache and cookies and click the "Remember Me" box when you log in?

Ed
Done all that and have been reporting no change for months now. It has become total habit to refresh the page as soon as it returns after the initial login attempt and then everything is hunky-dory. However this should not be necessary.
testing

Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

I'll see what the server techs can accomplish guys.

Kevin
(Post Link) post #35 of 37 Old 4 Weeks Ago
AO Gold Member

Quote:
Hello there,

Ed
Cleared everything .. remember me ticked but the MiTo forum still "forgets" me .. I also don't see the latest posts unless I click on that from the main Technical & Vehicle Assistance page ... as soon as I try to look at Previous drops me out and returns the the "Modern" layout .. and back to square 1.
Club Member
Membro Medio

County: Landon Tan
Garage
Quote:

I'm stumped!
This is happening to me now too and reared it's ugly head a while ago, if i select an alfaowner url from my history I get to a logged in page, if go anywhere else it logs me out, in fact if i log in and go anywhere on the site it logs me out and tells me to log in again
testing

Garage

Member car:

Spider/GTA/

I have a possible fix I can apply. Will try it now

Kevin

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Official AO Problem Discussion Forum > Submit Your Questions / Bugs > The AO Bug Lounge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page