"Reply" or "New Thread" locks up Google Chrome - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
The AO Bug Lounge
Find an image missing? A page you cannot access? Post it here.

(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 03-09-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
"Reply" or "New Thread" locks up Google Chrome

Hi

I've had a problem for about a fortnight, I thought it might just be one of those bugs that is picked up and sorted quickly but it seems no-one is having the issue except me. I log on from two PCs, my work & my home. Both use Google Chrome and I normally use the AO Classic 2 skin on both. Work is Windows 7, home is Windows 8 (rubbish, but thats another story).

I've I use the main 'reply' feature on a post which takes me to the main reply page, it locks up that tab in Google chrome. I see the screen and can scroll up and down but can't click onto the text box, I can't even use the navigate back button to get back to the thread. I have to click navigate back, then close tab, then re-open previous tab which takes me back to the thread. The status bar at the bottom shows 'processing request' and if left long enough Google Chrome invites me to kill the page.

In threads I have been working around it by using the quick reply feature, and then if needing to add attachments I can click 'edit post' and do it that way. To start a new thread I have to select the mobile phone skin, all the other ones lock up. I think it is something to do with the attachments feature. When I go to start a new thread or reply I can scroll down the page and I can see the attachments section of the page is full as if I have attached hundreds of attachments to my post. A few weeks ago I went through some old attachments and deleted old ones to clear some space.

Hopefully one of you can help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

(Post Link) post #2 of 3 Old 03-09-16 Thread Starter
Club Member
Membro Premio

Club Member Number: 71
County: Cumbria
BTW I posted this using the mobile phone skin.

County: Cork
Garage
You aren't alone, it's been mentioned by others in this thread & elsewhere https://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/the-a...thread-22.html (& in the previous page)
I'm using IE, that also tries to lock up with the "Long running script" issue, try clicking on the text box, that gives me the option to "Stop Script" I can then reply or start a new thread.

Admin are aware of the issue (attachments) & the Tech Team are working on a fix, hopefully it'll soon be resolved.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > The Official AO Problem Discussion Forum > Submit Your Questions / Bugs > The AO Bug Lounge

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page